TWC 18.5 SP3 migration to SP4

Discussions about Teamwork Server functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

TWC 18.5 SP3 migration to SP4

Postby rbrandenburg@caci.com » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:04 am

We currently have TWC 18.5 SP3 up and running along with Flex license server and Cassandra 2.2 on RHEL 7.5.

Is it necessary to uninstall TWC 18.5 SP3 in order to install TWC 18.5 SP4? Are there any command line parameters needed for the uninstall script?

Is it necessary to re-install FlexLM or will the existing installation suffice? It appears to be installing the same version, with a change to how the firewall rules are declared using the FWZONE.
rbrandenburg@caci.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: TWC 18.5 SP3 migration to SP4

Postby bkrajmalnik@nomagic.com » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying - I am presently travelling overseas so availability is sketchy.
My typical process for upgrading any version of Teamwork Cloud on Linux is as follows:

1. Stop the twcloud-svc and authserver services
2. Rename the /opt/local/TeamworkCloud directory
3. Run the scripted installer

In the case of the new scripts, you are correct. I have changed the way the firewall is managed from discrete entries to service files. This allows for better management.
There is absolutely no need to make any changes or reinstall the Flexnet server - the existing installation is fine. You could, if you prefer, execute the lines from the script which reconfigure the firewall using the new methods.

As for Cassandra, you need to uninstall the old version and install the new version, and run nodetool upgradesstables, which will take some time depending on your underlying drive system and data size. If you can wait until wednesday to do the upgrade, please ope a ticket in the JIRA system, and I can upload some scripts which will facilitate the process for you. I will be travelling from overseas tomorrow.
bkrajmalnik@nomagic.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Postby rbrandenburg@caci.com » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Thanks for the info.
rbrandenburg@caci.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby rbrandenburg@caci.com » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:27 am

Should I consider upgrading to TW Cloud 19.0? I see it is in beta, but when is the scheduled release?
rbrandenburg@caci.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to MagicDraw Teamwork Server