Legend Conditional Property Test

Diagramming issues

Moderator: Moderators

Legend Conditional Property Test

Postby randy.storey@icloud.com » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:11 pm

I'm attempting to streamline the use of a reusable Legends throughout my system model. When I use a Legend Item and want to apply it to Elements by Condition (Language: StructuredExpression) I use the Property Test for Applied Stereotypes and then select four specific Stereotypes. It seems the Property Test for the element must have all four Stereotypes applied for it to be true.

Is there a way for the Property Test to be any one of the four Stereotypes, as if it was an OR and not an AND expression?
randy.storey@icloud.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Re: Legend Conditional Property Test

Postby osvaldas.jankauskas@nomagic.com » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:16 am

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

A Property Test operation contains the parameter AND Operator. If AND Operator is set to true (default value), the operation returns true only for the elements that contain all of the selected properties with specified values. If AND Operator is set to false, the operation returns true for the elements that contain at least one of the selected properties with the specified value.

You can find more information at https://docs.nomagic.com/display/MD190/ ... +operation

In your case, the approach mentioned above does not work. Your need is to apply OR condition for the particular property values. There is no straightforward solution (e.g. parameter to control such behavior).

However, you can achieve this by using one of our predefined operations - OR logical operator. Please take a look at the attached sample project.

By the way, since 19.0 version of MagicDraw, you can find this and more prefefined operations under "Built-In Operations" package in the MagicDraw Profile.

If you have any other questions or concerns - feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
osvaldas.jankauskas@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:14

Re: Legend Conditional Property Test

Postby randy.storey@icloud.com » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:26 am

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I needed.
randy.storey@icloud.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Return to Diagramming