Functions inheriting parameters

Discussions about UPDM functionalities

Moderators: lintut, Moderators

Functions inheriting parameters

Postby c_mathur@yahoo.com » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:17 pm

MD 18.5, SP2, UPDM2

A Function can inherit from another function and this is easily depicted on an SV-4. But, I don't see the expected benefits of this inheritance as we would see if we were using Blocks for example. Specifically, it would be nice if parameters from a "base" functions could be inherited by "children" of the base function.

I have a case where I've got many functions that are very similar, but slightly different in behavior. Their parameters are the same and I was hoping to use function inheritance to model this where a base function would specify the parameters and then various child functions could inherit the parameters.

Any suggestions on how to properly model this using MD would be appreciated.

thanks!

Cm
c_mathur@yahoo.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Functions inheriting parameters

Postby gintare.krisciuniene@nomagic.com » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:38 am

Hello,
Thank you for your question.

How parameters from a “base” function are inherited by “children” of the base function is shown in picture below.
As you can see, there is Inherited Member line and listed all inherited members included parameters. However, there is no possibility to use inherited parameters in diagrams.

As a workaround, we can suggest copying all parameters from a „base“ function and pasting them to “children” of the base function.

If you have any other questions or encounter any other problems, please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Best regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
gintare.krisciuniene@nomagic.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Return to UPDM