Returning to an activity diagram

General discussions about MagicDraw

Moderator: Moderators

Returning to an activity diagram

Postby cvanhoeven » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Hi,
I have an Activity Diagram that uses a Call Behavior Action to interrupt it and go to a 2nd Activity Diagram. The 2nd Activity Diagram than has a Call Behavior Action to return it to the 1st Activity Diagram. Right now, it returns it to the beginning of the original Activity Diagram. Is there some way to return it to the same point in the Activity Diagram that it was first interrupted (the point that it is interrupted can and will be different every time it's executed).

Thanks,
Christine
cvanhoeven
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:1

Re: Returning to an activity diagram

Postby ieva.n » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Hello,

Could you clarify, if you are talking about simulating the Activity diagram?

Sincerely,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:28
Full name: Ieva

Postby cvanhoeven » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Sorry - Yes, I am talking about running an Activity Diagram simulation.

Thanks,
Christine
cvanhoeven
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Postby arnon_l » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:29 am

Hello,

Basically, when the called behavior(2nd Activity Diagram) is completed, it will return to the original behavior(1st Activity Diagram) automatically, resume at the called point.
So in the 2nd Activity Diagram, you don't need to has a Call Behavior Action to return it to the 1st Activity Diagram.

Please try, if you still find an unexpected result, you can attach the model for us to check.

Sincerely,
No Magic Customer Support
arnon_l
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:9

Postby cvanhoeven » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:26 am

Unfortunately, that is not working. How should I be ending the 2nd activity diagram? I've tried both Flow Final and Activity Final, but either way, it does not go back to the 1st Activity diagram unless I have a Call Behavior Action and it always goes back to the beginning of the 1st diagram. I wish I could attach the model but it is proprietary.

Thank you,
Christine
cvanhoeven
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Postby cvanhoeven » Mon May 07, 2018 12:03 pm

I'm attaching screenshots of a simplified activity diagram I was using. It might not be completely correct since I had to edit almost everything out in order to post it but it should give you a general idea of what I'm doing. Since the activity can be interrupted at any point with the emergency flag and sent to the 2nd diagram, I need to be able to go back from the 2nd diagram to the first at the spot the flag was initiated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cvanhoeven
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Postby cvanhoeven » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Does anyone have any insight or anything I can try?

Thanks,
Christine
cvanhoeven
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Postby melissa.wallace@ga-asi.com » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:55 pm

From what I can tell, there's nothing that happens after you return from the "Sample B" function. There are no flows coming out of "Sample B" so it looks like your model gets stuck as soon as it returns from "Sample B" back into "Sample A"

I haven't looked at the rest of your code, but that seems to be the most obvious error I could find. I would try to go into "Sample A" and create a flow coming out of "Sample B".
melissa.wallace@ga-asi.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to MagicDraw