cannot login with the default Administrator user via TWAdmin

Discussions about Java virtual machine, installation, and running

Moderator: Moderators

cannot login with the default Administrator user via TWAdmin

Postby dmattox@wowway.com » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:36 pm

I have just installed and configured TeamWork Cloud on Redhat 7.5. I am trying to login to TWadmin for the first tine with the Administrator account. If I login to a different Redhat server with X-windows (not the server that TeamWork Cloud is installed on), I can login to TWadmin using the Administrator account and with the default firefox browser. I can accept the license agreement and can get to the screen where I input the license server address.

However, if I login to a Windows 2012 server that is on the same network I can not login to TWadmin. I type in the Administrator username and password and click "Sign In" and nothing happens. I am typing the username and password correctly because I get an error message when they are not correct. I have tried using Internet Explorer 11 and FireFox and both logins fail.
dmattox@wowway.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: cannot login with the default Administrator user via TWAdmin

Postby bkrajmalnik@nomagic.com » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:29 am

From your question, it is not totally clear what you are experiencing. If I understand correctly, the new TWC instance is fully operational and accessible from one system on the same network (the Redhat system) but not another system (the WIndows system).
Unfortunately, the information you have provided does not have any information by which we can troubleshoot.
Obviously, TWC is operational (otherwise you would not be able to log in from the Redhat system), so the problem is either one of configuration or may be at the network layer.

What version of TWC are you using? Can you please upload server.log, authserver.log, application.conf and authserver.properties, and give me an approximate timestamp for the failed connection?
Are you trying to connect by ip address or fqdn?
Can you please paste the URL on the windows browser at the point that you are on the sign-in screen?
Is the Windows system configured to send data through a proxy?

SInce I am requesting that you upload configuration and log files, it might be best if you open a support ticket instead of communicating through the forum.
bkrajmalnik@nomagic.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Postby dmattox@wowway.com » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:16 pm

Updated progress:: Forget about the using firefox on the Redhat server for now.

Configuration:
On the same network
a. Windows 2012 R2 server
firefox quantum 62.0
chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (32-bit)

b. 7.5 Redhat server
java "1.8.0_181"
cassandra 3.11.3-1
teamwork cloud 19.0

I can log into the TWadmin page with the Administrator account using Chrome from the windows server. I can not log into TWadmin with the Administrator account using firefox from the windows server. When I click sign in. The page just blinks (refreshes) and clears out the username and password. Attached are the authserver and server logs during the attempted login from firefox with a screen shot of the login screen. I am not using fqdn. I am using https://192.168.1.128:8111. Firefox is not set to use a proxy nor is chrome.

The full URL in the firefox browser

https://192.168.1.128:8555/authenticati ... CONSOLE_ID

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dmattox@wowway.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby bkrajmalnik@nomagic.com » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:49 pm

Since you can log in without issue via Chrome, it is not a issue with TWC.
As part of the authentication, some background ajax processes take place which transfer a significant amount of data.
It is possible that some settings in Firefox are preventing this Ajax request from completing.
bkrajmalnik@nomagic.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby dmattox@wowway.com » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:07 pm

Thank you for your reply. I never though it was a TWC configuration issue. But I would think No Magic would have a list of compatible browsers with required settings. Does anyone know where this list could be found?

Thanks
dmattox@wowway.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby bkrajmalnik@nomagic.com » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:37 pm

Default setting on all browsers work, so there is no such list needed.

I just tested with the following browsers, without issue:

Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
FireFox Quantum 62.0.2 (64-bit)
Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0
Internet Explorer 11.285.17134.0

Please check that your FireFox is not sending via a proxy. Also, it is possible that you have other software in the tcp stack (such as AV or an application level firewall) which may be handing the requests from FireFox differently than from Chrome. For example, something which is limiting the size of the POST request carried out via Ajax.
bkrajmalnik@nomagic.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Installing and running