Remove from diagram without deleting

Diagramming issues

Moderator: Moderators

Remove from diagram without deleting

Postby judith.crockford@airbus.com » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:50 am

Magicdraw 18.4:
I want to remove an element in a diagram without deleting it even if it the last diagram on which it is displayed.
If the element is displayed on another diagram it will be removed OK. But if it is the last diagram on which the element is displayed the element is deleted.
The only way I have found is to copy-paste the diagram, remove the element from the first diagram and then delete the second diagram.
judith.crockford@airbus.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Remove from diagram without deleting

Postby ieva.n » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:07 am

Hello,

What kind of elements are you deleting? This behavior should be common only for activity and activity based diagrams.

Sincerely,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:28
Full name: Ieva

Postby judith.crockford@airbus.com » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:12 am

I am trying to hide structuredActivityNode pins, dataflows, fork and merge on SysML Activity diagrams.

I did a test on BlockDefinition diagrams trying to hide a block and it has the same behaviour - deleting if it was the last occurrence on a diagram.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby neringa.montvydiene@nomagic.com » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:08 am

Hello,

We suppose that the issue appears when the element is selected in the containment tree at first and then on the diagram pane. Please select i.e. Block only on the Block Definition Diagram's pane and when use "Delete" button.

Kind Regards,
neringa.montvydiene@nomagic.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Postby judith.crockford@airbus.com » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:59 am

You are correct, when I deselect the block it work. However it is really activities that I want to hide.
In the attached example there are two diagrams. One "tryhiddingFlow2" shows both flow1 and flow2. the other "with_flow2hidden" only shows flow1. If you now try to hide flow2 on the first diagram then flow2 is deleted not just hidden.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby neringa.montvydiene@nomagic.com » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:43 am

Thank you for the additional information. In your described situation deleting from Activity diagram works as intended. Please follow this link for more details: https://docs.nomagic.com/display/MD190/ ... tydiagrams.

The explanation is: "Deleting from Activity diagrams: Note that after deleting the last symbol of an element from the Activity diagram, the element will be automatically removed from the model. This does not affect Pins and Activity Parameter Nodes."

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions or encounter any more problems, feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Kind Regards,
neringa.montvydiene@nomagic.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Return to Diagramming