Linking instances to requirements

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Linking instances to requirements

Postby michael.brazinski@navy.mil » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:34 am

My strategy to model how various fiber optics test products meet test requirements was to establish classes of fiber optics test equipment and then generate instances for each test equipment product (part number specific). I was going to generate a satisfy table to show which spec requirements each test equipment product (instance) satisfies. However, it appears that this violates the rules of the satisfy relationship. Any recommendations on an alternate way to achieve what I'm trying to model? Thanks!
michael.brazinski@navy.mil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Linking instances to requirements

Postby 543SysML » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:00 am

Mike,
If I understand correctly, I think you can still get what you need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
543SysML
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Postby michael.brazinski@navy.mil » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:58 pm

Thank you very much for the example. I find that when I try to satisfy a Performance Requirement with an Instance, Cameo System Modeler asserts an error, as follows: "Performance Requirement satisfied by a value property". So, I've been able to accomplish what I want to using general Requirements, but I'm still not quite sure why CSM asserts an error when adding a "satisfy" relationship between an Instance and a Performance Requirement.
michael.brazinski@navy.mil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Postby donatas.mazeika@nomagic.com » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:13 am

Hello,

There is such constraint in SysML specification in Requirements Diagram Extensions chapter:
SysMLSpec.png

If you still want to use Performance Requirements and link them with Instances, you can ignore this warning for the whole project by selecting the following action in the Validation Results window:
Validation window.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Donatas Mazeika
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
donatas.mazeika@nomagic.com
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Posts Rating:18

Return to SysML