Alternative modelling of test cases

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Alternative modelling of test cases

Postby alexdu » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:59 am

Dear all,

I'm currently working on my first SysML model in CSM and I'm struggeling with finding a good way to model (system) test cases for the (system) requirements I have in the model. I know there is the test case activity in SysML, but for my purpose this does not seem to fit well. I want to link each requirement with a test case (verify relationship) while each test case contains a numbered list of textual test step elements which each consist of a "test procedure" and "expected result" field. I want to be able to maintain the test cases and steps in a table and not in any graphical diagram for usability reasons.

I found an example on the net, where the approach is demonstrated using another tool:

https://www.visual-paradigm.com/tutoria ... rement.jsp

Is there a simple way to implement something like this in CSM using generic tables? How would the test cases and the test steps then need to be modeled?

-- Alex
alexdu
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0
Full name: AlexDu

Re: Alternative modelling of test cases

Postby aisale » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:56 am

Dear Alex,

you can use the Documentation tag of the Test Case to specify the steps and expected results of each step:
documentation.png

The steps table in the Documentation tag can be created in HTML.

The Generic Table enables to have all the Test Cases in one view and also see/update what requirements each Test Case verifies:
generic_table.png

To see the relevant columns in the table, you need to select them from the Show Columns menu above the table:
show_columns.png

Best Regards,
No Magic Support Team
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aisale
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Return to SysML