Restricting Stereotypes to Specific Elements

General discussions about MagicDraw

Moderator: Moderators

Restricting Stereotypes to Specific Elements

Postby jabrysonse@gmail.com » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:09 am

I am currently working on a project where I am supporting a team that is new to using MagicDraw. I am new to the program myself, so we are all learning this together as we go.

One task that I was given was to discern whether it was possible to restrict the application of stereotypes to specific elements in the model.
To be clear, the goal is to limit to general element types, such as a "block" or "class."
Though if it is possible to restrict application only to a specific single element, that would be useful to know also.

Currently, I have been attempting to use customizations to change a stereotype's "possibleOwners" value to the elements we want.
However, when I attempt to apply the stereotype to other elements, it still allows me to do so.
Is this the best way to go about this, or will it even work?
Is there another/better/easier way?
(We want to avoid having to write code to solve the problem if at all possible, but are open to that being the solution if necessary)

I've attached the examples I put together to test the method, so that you can check my work directly.
I'm sure there's plenty of room for improvement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jabrysonse@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to MagicDraw