Attribute update based on types of relationships

MagicDraw OpenAPI, scripting related questions and discussions

Moderator: Moderators

Attribute update based on types of relationships

Postby robert.sigillito@mac.com » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:58 pm

I am trying to determine if it is possible to automatically update an attribute based on the types of relationships to the object or how close to this ideal scenario can be achieved with v18.5 SP3.

Specifically:

- The requirement object has a custom attribute called "FullyCovered"
- This attribute is set to a default value of "false".
- This attribute is automatically updated to "true" if the requirement object has at least one satisfy relationship to a "test case" activity and at least on satisfy relationship to an instance object of a test result

Related Questions:

- Can the custom attribute be updated automatically, semi-automatically, or manually based on the object's relationships?
- Can the custom attribute be updated based on the number, type or end target relationships?

As I researched this I thought of the validation rules and how they can identify correct, or allowable, relationships between to objects. I would think that if this feature were to work automatically, it would need to be setup as a validation rule. But I would like to get inputs from others.

Sincerely,

Bob
When I die, I want to go peacefully, in my sleep, like Grandfather did. Not like the passengers in his car, screaming their heads off.
robert.sigillito@mac.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:2

Return to Programmatic Extendibility