Redefine activity

Moderator: Moderators

Redefine activity

Postby douglas.courtney@navy.mil » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:09 am

I am trying to redefine an activity in a specialized New Role. I defined the generic role to have a behavior of performing step 1 then step 2. In the New Role I wanted to redefine Step 2. I have tried to do this main ways. Created operations from the activities and then redefined the operations. Cloned the activities and redefined them. However, When I use operations in an activity they are not executed. Any new activity in role two is never called. Is there a way when I execute New role I get an output of the following.

Step 1
Redefine Step 2

Thanks, for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
douglas.courtney@navy.mil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Re: Redefine activity

Postby axel.scheithauer@oose.de » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:09 am

Hi Douglas,

the simulation engine is based on the fUML specification, and this specification doesn't contain Behavior Redefinition and thus no Activity Redefinition. Instead you can use Operation Redefinition, which it contains. You only have to switch to CallOperationActions and redefine Operation Step2(). Of course this limits the possibilities to inherit a generic process. You can only change existing steps but not add new steps or change the ordering.

I attached an improved version of your example.

best regards

Axel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
axel.scheithauer@oose.de
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Return to Cameo Simulation Toolkits