Metachain Navigation Filters Duplicates Values

Diagramming issues

Moderator: Moderators

Metachain Navigation Filters Duplicates Values

Postby austin.gage@gmail.com » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:46 pm

I have a generic table with a derived property using a metachain navigation. The navigation gets multiple objects and then a value of a property as shown below:
metachain.png

The only issue is that is any of the values are the same, it only returns the unique values.
missing value.PNG

Is there any way to keep all the values? Is there a better way to accomplish this?

I am trying to work around the fact that the FMEA plugin allows multiple causes and an occurrence per cause but then only displays a single occurrence value in the OCC column!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
austin.gage@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Metachain Navigation Filters Duplicates Values

Postby osvaldas.jankauskas@nomagic.com » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:03 am

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

After creating the expression, a set of elements are returned by default. A set cannot contain the unique values. As a result of this, only the non-unique values are shown.

To achieve your need, you have to create ArrayList. This requires to script.

I've attached the example project how this can be achieved by using JavaScript:

1. Define ArrayList variable "var X = new java.util.ArrayList();"
2. Add all tag values to it "X.addAll(assetValue);
3. Return variable "X".

To return array list instead of set, you need to declare that derivedProperty is non-unique. To do this, set "Is Unique" property of derivedProperty to false.

Look at the attached project for more details.

Array List example.mdzip

If you have any other questions or concerns - feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
osvaldas.jankauskas@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:15

Postby kevin.debruin@aero.org » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:14 pm

Hi,

I am attempting to achieve this result (or something like this) in my generic table. Where do I put this script? In the attached file "Array List example" I do not see a custom column to which a script was placed inside.

For my specific project I have attached a picture. It shows part of my generic table. I have a Requirement that is Verified By different activities. Each of those activities has a Method, but the table will only show what Methods are used, but not which Method is used for which activity. Is is possible to have the method aligned with the appropriate activity? To have the Method column have 4 entries like: Test Inspection Test Test

Best,
-Kevin
kevin.debruin@aero.org
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby armando.hysko@ngc.com » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:31 am

kevin.debruin@aero.org wrote:Hi,

I am attempting to achieve this result (or something like this) in my generic table. Where do I put this script? In the attached file "Array List example" I do not see a custom column to which a script was placed inside.

For my specific project I have attached a picture. It shows part of my generic table. I have a Requirement that is Verified By different activities. Each of those activities has a Method, but the table will only show what Methods are used, but not which Method is used for which activity. Is is possible to have the method aligned with the appropriate activity? To have the Method column have 4 entries like: Test Inspection Test Test

Best,
-Kevin

Hi Kevin
Any luck on figuring this out? I have been having the same problem and for the life of me I can't figure it out.
Thanks Armando
armando.hysko@ngc.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby kevin.debruin@aero.org » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:12 pm

No sorry, still hoping to figure it out.
-Kevin
kevin.debruin@aero.org
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Diagramming