Custom Execution Engine Issue

MagicDraw OpenAPI, scripting related questions and discussions

Moderator: Moderators

Custom Execution Engine Issue

Postby ebabyak@nextgenfed.com » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:44 pm

I'm having a strange issue working on a MagicDraw Simulation Studio plugin. I'm creating a custom ExecutionEngine using: SimulationManager.registerEngine(myDescriptor); and everything works fine when I'm working in Eclipse. My plugin runs and my descriptor has its canExecute method called and everything is happy. However, I then try to run MagicDraw outside of Eclipse. MagicDraw loads, I close it, then go back to Eclipse. From this point on, my project runs and the plugin loads, everything seems fine, however my custom ExecutionEngine no longer gets created and the canExecute function is never hit again, the only method that seems to get called on the ExecutionEngineDescriptor is getEngineName(). I have only been able to resolve this issue by reinstalling MagicDraw and Simulation Studio. I could really use some help getting to the bottom of this one.

Also, I'm using the example run configuration for my project.
ebabyak@nextgenfed.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Custom Execution Engine Issue

Postby chanon_s » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:12 am

Dear Customer

Could you please check whether or not your custom execution engine is successfully registered. Please go to MagicDraw main menu > Options > Environment > Simulation > Simulation Framework > Engines Priority. The name of your execution engine should be in the list as displayed below:

If the name of the custom execution engine is in the list, please re-order your execution engine onto the topmost of the list.

Please let us know if you are able to resolve your problem, or if you need further assistance.

Sincerely

Chanon S.
No Magic Customer Support
chanon_s
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:7

Postby ebabyak@nextgenfed.com » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:24 am

Thank you for the quick response! This was our issue, we needed to adjust the order to give our engine priority. Is there anyway to give your custom engine priority in code?
ebabyak@nextgenfed.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby chanon_s » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:06 pm

Dear Customer

We have not yet provided the API to set the engine priority in code. The only available way to do such is to use the dialog in the simulation environment options, as stated in our previous comment.

Sincerely

Chanon S.
No Magic Customer Support
chanon_s
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:7

Postby joedenly@protonmail.com » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:14 am

This issue can be resolved by following the criteria given for the engine, https://errorcode0x.com/error-code-0x80070002/ helped me to get the solution so far.
joedenly@protonmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby joedenly@protonmail.com » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:58 pm

there are lots of engine issues which i have faced but unable to solve, so far helped me to get the solution, and execution issue so far has been solved.
joedenly@protonmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Programmatic Extendibility