Common Teamwork Cloud Roles and Permissions

Discussions about Teamwork Server functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Common Teamwork Cloud Roles and Permissions

Postby david.s.fields@navy.mil » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:42 pm

As we get close to rolling out Teamwork Cloud to our enterprise (200 + users, 30+ projects, and that will continue to grow) we are trying to establish a common set of roles and permission to be reused on each project. For example, every project has a Project Admin role that can handle locks, user permissions, etc. plus a few "Chief Architect" type roles that have more control than the "Standard Modeler" roles.

Does anyone have any existing setups, lessons learned, etc. that they can share?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
david.s.fields@navy.mil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:2

Re: Common Teamwork Cloud Roles and Permissions

Postby mariusz.podlesny@wago.com » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:44 am

I would like to ask the same question: are there any recommendations in this area?

What we look for is more of a "group" management. We have several teams working with multiple MagicDraw projects and having some occasional overlap.

@David
Do you have any insight from the year of using MagicDraw?
mariusz.podlesny@wago.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Common Teamwork Cloud Roles and Permissions

Postby david.s.fields@navy.mil » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:49 pm

Mariusz

Honestly, not really. We've been using the basic roles that come with TWC plus a few extra we made:

Resource Access Manager: This resource-specific custom role allows users to manage resource-specific access rights. This includes the ability to grant or revoke user roles on the resources in which they have this role. This role is designed for program or projects that require a user that can grant access to the resource but does not need any other access. (Permissions = Manage Resource Specific Permissions)

Resource Administrator: A custom role that allows users to administer aspect of the resource (e.g. project usages) but does not provide the additional privileges that come with the Resource Manager role. (Permissions = Administer Resource)

These roles have provided some larger teams with the ability to grant additional responsibilities without the full power of the Resource Manager. There's not a lot of projects using them but there are a few.

The one thing we haven't really played with too much, but I'm hoping provides some additional capabilities, is the user groups that got added in v19.0. I've experimented with them for a couple teams I'm on but I'm hoping to create some guidance on using them in the future. We may also use them for command wide groups to easily allow "public" access to certain models.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions!

David
david.s.fields@navy.mil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:2

Return to MagicDraw Teamwork Server