Importing DOORS attributes to MagicDraw

Discussions about data interchange products Cameo DataHub and Magic RQ functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Importing DOORS attributes to MagicDraw

Postby pratik.ghimire@jhuapl.edu » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:22 pm

I am trying to import attributes from DOORS module such as Rationale, Requirement Type (KPP, KSA, ASA), but the schema mapping only shows limited default values. Is there a step-by-step guide to do this? Thank you.
pratik.ghimire@jhuapl.edu
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Importing DOORS attributes to MagicDraw

Postby thomas.b.davis@lmco.com » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi Pratik,

I found the following youtube video very useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6GrYnV3tGw

The key in this is to go into the "Schema Map Manager" and remove any existing default mappings for the module you are trying to import, otherwise the datahub just always uses those.

You then need to create your own custom stereotype (I recommend giving the tag definitions the same names as the attributes in DOORS because then the cameo datahub automatically picks up the mapping).

Once you've created your custom stereotype(s), create a "Requirement" element for each stereotype and apply the stereotype to it (if you don't do this, the datahub won't show your stereotype).

Finally go through the steps in the video to import the data (either selecting group mapping or individual mapping mode), you should now be able to select your custom stereotype and define the schema mapping.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Tom
thomas.b.davis@lmco.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:2

Return to Cameo DataHub, Magic RQ