Teamwork 18.5 Setup

Discussions about Teamwork Cloud and Teamwork Server functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Teamwork 18.5 Setup

Postby sraley@itc-llc.com » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:20 pm

I have flexnet running with status of good reading license file, Datastax Cassandra running and Team Server service started. I bring up the browser to point to http://ip:8111 and I get connection refused. I have followed all steps in the basic install guide here on nomagic.com. What did I miss doing? This is a small installation to use as a test server.
sraley@itc-llc.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Re: Teamwork 18.5 Setup

Postby ieva.n » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:29 pm

Hello,

Are you running Teamwork Server or Teamwork Cloud? These are two different products.

Best regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:32
Full name: Ieva

Postby sraley@itc-llc.com » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:41 pm

TW Cloud 18.5sp3
sraley@itc-llc.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Postby bkrajmalnik@nomagic.com » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:28 am

Can you please provide more information on your installation?
What OIS are you using (Windows or Linux)? Can you send me the URL to the installation guide you followed?
There are 3 services which need to be running - the Cassandra service, the Teamwork CLoud service, and the AUthserver service.
Did you follow the cassandra post-install configuration?
Is your firewall (whether an external or the firewall on the server) allowing traffic on 8111, 3579, and 8555?

You can check if the services are listening for traffic using the netstat command

Linux: netstat -an | grep 8111 (twcloud), netstat -an | grep 8555 (authserver)
Windows: netstat -ano | find "8111" (twcloud), netstat -ano | find "8555" (authserver)

If you would like, we can set up a remote support session to assist you.
bkrajmalnik@nomagic.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Postby sraley@itc-llc.com » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:32 am

I guess I need to find the Cassandra post install. I'm following the online instructions running this on Windows Server 2008 and locally trying to get to it from the server itself which has the windows firewall disabled. I have the services running. Let me find the post install instructions and run through them.
sraley@itc-llc.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Postby bkrajmalnik@nomagic.com » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:04 pm

Please refer to https://docs.nomagic.com/pages/viewpage ... d=20846937. It is for setting up for Centos, but other than the fact that there are scripts to automate, thee is no difference and it covers all of the requirements in a single document.
If you did not perform the post-install configuration of Cassandra, Teamwork Cloud will not be able to connect to Cassandra, and the service will not successfully bind.
This document covers everything form the minimum system requirements (same for both OS's), proper partitioning of data, etc.
For production, it is highly recommended that you deploy on Centos for both performance and stability.
bkrajmalnik@nomagic.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby sraley@itc-llc.com » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:28 am

I followed those instructions and most of which was done by following the windows version so I have modified the cassandra file, started the authentication service before starting anything else, everything is running with no errors yet I still receive the refuse to connect when I try to get into TWAdmin.
sraley@itc-llc.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Postby sraley@itc-llc.com » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:33 am

ok, after restarting all the services and adding exceptions to the browser to trust the certificate I am at the login page but it tells me the default account is not working or disabled. Instructions state Administrator/Administrator. Is there another account to try?
sraley@itc-llc.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Postby bkrajmalnik@nomagic.com » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:18 am

It would be best to do a remote support session to troubleshoot.
It is very difficult with fragmented information to see what is going on.
I will need to take a look at configuration files, server logs, files in the file system ...
When is it a good time to do this? I also recommend doing this by opening a ticket in the support system.
bkrajmalnik@nomagic.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby dossgenny@protonmail.com » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:49 am

I have found my Epson Printer In Error State since I have installed the teamwork in my device. I am unable to understand how such an installation made the error of this kind. What to do to remove such error or to stop the occurrence of these?
dossgenny@protonmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Teamwork Cloud and Teamwork Server