DH_CommandHandler not found

Discussions about data interchange products Cameo DataHub and Magic RQ functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

DH_CommandHandler not found

Postby boris_h » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:53 am

Hello,

we are trying to use DataHub on a machine, but when we try to connect to DOORS there are several errors stating that DH_CommandHandler.dlx cannot be found.
We are using DOOS 9.5 and the troubeling file can in fact be found within directory <DOORS9.5_DIR>\lib\dxl\addins\user. However for some reason DOORS is unable to use it.

The Magicdraw version is 18.4SP1

The typical user does not have administrative rights on his machine in my company but there is an exception for the whole DOORS installation folder. Is this what might cause the problem?
boris_h
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:1

Re: DH_CommandHandler not found

Postby supatp » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:08 am

Dear Boris,

For DataHub to work with DOORS, you will need to deploy the DataHub driver (addin) for DOORS.
The process of the deployment is to copy the addin files into DOORS folder as well as update DOORS registry to recognize the new addin.
So you may need to run MagicDraw as Administrator to do the deployment. This will required only once and it should be available for other users too.

You may recheck the registry entry by running the Registry Editor and browse into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Telelogic\DOORS\9.5\Config\.
There should be "addins" attribute pointing to the DXL folder.

If both files and registry is correct but the error still shows.
You may check whether DOORS is configure to read the addin from other specific location.
1. Right-click over the DOORS short cut icon that you use to run DOORS.
2. Then choose Properties.
3. In the "Target" box that specify the doors.exe, is there any additional "-a" parameter?
Note: The "-a" parameter will force DOORS to read the addin from a specific location. So, we may need to add our dxl folder here too.

Best Regards,
Supat P.
supatp
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:10

Re: DH_CommandHandler not found

Postby gabriel.lindemann@em.ag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:30 am

I got this reply from Nomagic:
Before working with DOORS, you will need to do the driver deployment. I the screen shot, I saw that you already did that.
Basically the driver deployment will copy all requirement addins file to DOORS folder and also edit DOORS registry to recognize the new addin folder. In order to place the files into Program Files folder and editing the registry, the user account may need the Administrator permission. Please verify that the user account can do these tasks.
Or there's an option that you won't need to do all the process above. Please try the menu Options> Environment> select Cameo DataHub section. Look for DataHub DOORS DXL file location, change it to DataHub plug-in folder.

Changing the file location worked for me
gabriel.lindemann@em.ag
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to Cameo DataHub, Magic RQ