Crash after License Key selection

Discussions about Java virtual machine, installation, and running

Moderator: Moderators

Crash after License Key selection

Postby superpjok@hotmail.com » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:08 am

Hi everyone.
I downloaded MagicDraw 17.0 SE for ubuntu.
I copied the sh installation file in /opt folder and i ran it with this command:
Code: Select all
sudo sh /opt/MD_UML_170_sp6_unix.sh

I chose the /opt directory and I installed MD using my java 1.6.0_41 version.

I run MD with this command:
Code: Select all
sudo /opt/MagicDraw/bin/mduml

But when I choose the License Key File, the program suddenly crashes.

I tried to change my java version (editing the mduml.properties file and changing the JAVA_HOME path to my openjdk6 path) but I had no results.

My .magicdraw folder is empty (so I don't have the md.log file), and even uninstalling and re-installing MD it doesn't change: it's still empty.

What can I do?
Thank you in advance

P.S. I "uninstalled" MD simply deleting the /opt/MagicDraw folder. Is there a better way to uninstall it?
Last edited by superpjok@hotmail.com on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
superpjok@hotmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Crash after License Key selection

Postby superpjok@hotmail.com » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:50 am

UPDATE: It seems that reinstalling MD after having deleted the .magicdraw directory is the right way to create a new .magicdraw directory with its md.log file.

However, I still can't use MagicDraw.

So, here it is in attachment.

UPDATE 2: Ok, I found the problem. MagicDraw 17.0 has some compatibility issues with Java 1.6.0_39 and 1.6.0_41 (Sun and OpenJdk). I resolved installing Java 1.6.0_22 and changing the java path in mduml.properties.

Have a nice week-end :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
superpjok@hotmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby saulius_p » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 am

Dear All,

Indeed after updating to the latest Java version (1.6.0_39-41 and 1.7.0_13-15), MagicDraw can neither open projects nor accept license files. An Exception is generated. You can find official solution (downgrade the java) at first post in FAQ area http://www.nomagic.com/support/faq.html

The MagicDraw 17.0.2 service pack 3 is public already available and has fix for this java incompatibility issue.

P.S. We are working on the MagicDraw 17.0.3 service pack 1 to resolve this incompatibility problem. Currently we are in the QA phase to ensure that the fixes will not have negative impact on our other components and plugins. The MagicDraw 17.0.3 service pack 1 public release is planned on 4 March 2013.
Best regards,
Saulius Pavalkis
saulius_p
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:8
Full name: Saulius Pavalkis

Postby cwu@cra.com » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:27 pm

Hi,

I am using MagicDraw Version 17.0.3 and I am running into the same issue. Once I select the option to use the FlexNET server, the application closes and nothing happens. The same behavior occurs when manually adding the license via the 'Select License Key' option. I have Java 1_8_211 installed on my machine and on my path.
cwu@cra.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Installing and running