Changing GUIs based on state machine or activity diagram

Diagramming issues

Moderator: Moderators

Changing GUIs based on state machine or activity diagram

Postby JuS » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:25 am

Good Afternoon,

I was wondering if it is possible to have different GUIs in a single model, which are shown at different times in the same simulation.

Example for two GUIs with a state machine:
If I take the coffe maker example, there is a GUI representing the usage of the coffe maker (selecting bewerages, paying, etc.). I now want to add a button in that GUI, let's call it "configuration", which changes the state of the coffee maker. Changing the state of the coffe maker should close the alredy open GUI, switch the state and open a new GUI. In the new GUI I want to be able to change the price of the different bewerages. After that, hitting a button "usage" changes back to the first state, and therefor den first "usage" GUI, but now with new prices.

Example for different GUIs with an activity diagramm:
I have an activity diagram and a condition checks which path will be taken. On of the path contains an activity which needs a user input. I want this specific activity to open a GUI which allows the input of a value by the user. After confirming the input the activity diagram should use all exisiting values and the new user value to continue the simulation. If the condition takes the other path, no GUI is needed.

So the question is, if there is any way to have multiple GUIs which are only opened in specific states of a state machine or specific activities in an activity diagramm.

If there are any other ways to solve this proplem, I would be very happy to hear them as well.

Kind regards,
Justus
Justus.Siebrecht@imse.rwth-aachen.de
MSE – Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering
RWTH Aachen University, Germany
JuS
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Changing GUIs based on state machine or activity diagram

Postby sheilah.d.ott@navy.mil » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:03 pm

I an very interested in the answer to this. I would like to be able to use different GUIs based on a state machine or activity diagram. Is this possible in CST?

Thank you,
Sheilah
sheilah.d.ott@navy.mil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to Diagramming