Bug Printing To Large Pages

Discussions about Java virtual machine, installation, and running

Moderator: Moderators

Bug Printing To Large Pages

Postby Joseph Wofford » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:24 pm

I'm having a problem printing to large pages. When I change the page size to anything larger than 8.5 x 11, no matter what I set the margins to, when I click OK in Page Setup, the margins reset so the diagram is scrunched up into a corner.

I've had this problem since MagicDraw 9, but I could always work around it by setting the margins a second time. The second time the margins were set, they worked.

However, with MagicDaw 10.5, no matter how many times I reset the margins, they stayed stuck at the wrong values until I discovered that I could restore the old behavior by starting MagicDraw under Java 1.4. The margins were still screwed up the first time, but the second time worked. Under Java 5, the same workaround doesn't solve the problem.

With MagicDraw 11, I've edited mduml.properties to set Java 1.4, but the program automatically overwrites my settings with Java 5 so the workaround for the printing bug is no longer available.

I'm running under Windows XP Professional SP2 and the printer is a HP DesignJet 755CM(C3198B).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joseph Wofford

Posts Rating:

Re: Bug Printing To Large Pages

Postby Egidijus Vaisnora » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:46 am

Hello,

It could be that you specified incorrect path to your Java 1.4 and
therefore MagicDraw uses default Java, which should be 1.5 on your system. I
will add printing problem to our buglist and will try to find solution.

Best Regards,
--
Egidijus Vaisnora
Programmer
No Magic Lithuanian Development Center
Savanoriu pr. 363- IV, Lt 49425 Kaunas
P.O. box 2166, LT- 44011, Kaunas
Phone: +370 37 324032 Fax: +370 7 320670
e-mail: Egidijus.Vaisnora
WWW: http://www.magicdraw.com
--
MagicDraw - UML Made Simple

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Egidijus Vaisnora

Posts Rating:

Re: Bug Printing To Large Pages

Postby lawsonharry@protonmail.com » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:00 am

This is really nice to see. I solved my printer issue by following this method. but I found another issue i.e, Brother Printer Offline Windows 10. Can I get a solution to my issue??
lawsonharry@protonmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to Installing and running