Sample for PLE Plug-in 19.0 SP3?

Systems engineering related questions and discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Sample for PLE Plug-in 19.0 SP3?

Postby philip.nelson@gd-ms.com » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:29 pm

Hello No Magic,
Are there any sample mdzips available that utilize the Product Line Engineering plug-in features as shown here:
https://docs.nomagic.com/display/PLE190SP3/Model-Based+Product+Line+Engineering
?

(So the reason why I ask is because I am unable to choose a "Feature Impact" when a create an Existence constraint)
I have two feature properties within the <<rfg>> class both of which have the <<f>> stereotype applied (one is an enumeration and the other is a boolean).

When choosing a feature impact, I am unable to select anything, 0 results. I am unable to drag the feature property from the containment tree into the "Feature Impact" field for the constraint.
What is the "Feature Impact" field looking for?
philip.nelson@gd-ms.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:3

Re: Sample for PLE Plug-in 19.0 SP3?

Postby christoph.luedi@novartis.com » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:01 am

I would appreciate a sample project too. All works well with boolean features, but I'm struggling with enumerations.
christoph.luedi@novartis.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Postby rodrigorr@yahoo.com » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:45 am

Same here, struggling with enumerations
rodrigorr@yahoo.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Postby henri.cuiller@altran.com » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:48 am

Hello,

I would also be interested in having such a sample. I am in particular trying to define constraints between features that would ensure that only consistent variants can be created, is the correct approach defined somewhere?

Thanks
henri.cuiller@altran.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Postby rodrigorr@yahoo.com » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:09 am

Small update from my side:

I have managed to use enumerations for my features.

I have a root feature group with three attributes. These attribute are stereotyped as features. Their types are enumerations.
Furthermore I have created ExistenceVariationPoints, where the FeatureImpact Supplier is one of those features typed by enumerations. No problems here.

Regarding constraints:

I initially had problems with defining the type of constraints that Henri is mentioning, but it was due to a) use of non-escaped whitespaces and b)use of enumerations defined in a different package. I define my constraints using OCL.

Regarding a):
It looks like you have two options to escape whitespace characters in your OCL: one is to replace the whitespace with an underscore, e.g. Audio amplifier becomes Audio_amplifier. This seems to be the "old" way of doing it. Alternatively, you can enclose the name in quotes, e.g. Audio amplifier becomes "Audio amplifier". Though I must say I have mixed results with the latter, and MagicDraw erratically complains about "Usage of non-standard quoted element name".

Regarding b):
I was trying to use enumerations defined in pacakges different to those containing my constraints and constrained elements. This did not work until I started referencing those enumerations using the qualified name as found in the specification window in the expert view. Of course, taking care to escape any whitespaces.

Regarding the use of constraints:
I took the constraints defined and created a validation suite. Now, when I validate the model, the constraints are checked and I can see in the validation results window if any constraint is not met, i.e. if I have any instances with combinations of features that are not allowed.
rodrigorr@yahoo.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Return to Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)