Requirement Changes & Flow

Starting point for “ask and learn more about MagicDraw”

Moderator: Moderators

Requirement Changes & Flow

Postby Robert.Bortolin@systima.com » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:19 pm

I'm pretty new to CAMEO & SysML. My company has many projects where our customer constantly changes or adds to the requirements. I know I can import the new requirements into an existing Requirement table, and it will automatically add the new ones and update the old ones, I presume based on the ID. But it 'updates' everything, even the requirements that have not changed.

While there is nothing inherently wrong with this, what we want is to be able to drop in the new requirements and then see which specific ones were added or changed, and what parts are impacted by those requirements. I know I can use a Satisfy Requirements table to track some of this, and the intent is to input sub-assemblies into the table, but in trying things out on some dummy models and looking through documentation I can't find a way to identify WHICH sub-assemblies are impacted when the requirements are updated without knowing which requirements had changes and then using the Satisfy table to look it up.

Ideally I would want to specify only indicate a change 'if there are changes in Column A, B or D' of the pasted requirements since there will be changes in some internal tracking columns for basically every requirement even if the text or verification method, etc.. has not changed. Is this possible? Or is it not really possible if you drop in a whole new copy of the requirements since CAMEO 'updates' all of the requirements in the table, even if there are no changes to the text.

Thank you!
Robert.Bortolin@systima.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Requirement Changes & Flow

Postby j.h.greenhow@gmail.com » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:46 am

Hi Robert,

There is a paid plugin for Cameo called DataHub which might help you out. You could request an evaluation and see if it does what you need. I am new to cameo myself and have done a quick test with DataHub. Our process is a little different as we are using doors to store the requirements but you might be able to link it to an excel / or something else.

DataHub allows you you create a two way connection between requirements in Doors (and maybe other requirement repositories). When you want to update your requirements you can check for any requirements that are different. It marks whats new, deleted or modified. You can then sync the requirements. You can select each requirement and say if you want it to update CAMEO to match what is in the requirements database or vise versa.

Hope this helps,

Jake
j.h.greenhow@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Re: Requirement Changes & Flow

Postby Robert.Bortolin@systima.com » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:36 pm

Thank you Jake. Convincing people to spend more money is rough around here. I ended up using Analyze --> Suspect Links --> Enable Tracking. Nowhere near as capable as the plugin, but it gets the basics.
Robert.Bortolin@systima.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to New to MagicDraw