BDD question

Systems engineering related questions and discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

BDD question

Postby tabanyazdani1@gmail.com » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:40 am

have a Sysml question which I am trying to figure out.

If we have a classroom for example with some value properties for example type of chair,number of students and so on and we want to create different classrooms from that block that would inherit the same attributes(value properties) but we would be able to give them unique values for each classes, what kind of relationship do we use?

I was trying to do generalization, it does inherit the value properties but when I give a default value to one of the subclasses the main class's attribute value also changes but that is not what I want. And when I chose aggregation or composition, they dont inherit the same value types that I gave to the class block.

I tried creating instances but then I can not create any other relation ship between the instances or if I want to say this instance is for that specific class I cant do it...especially if I want to create 120 subclassrooms, Im not sure if it is possible.
tabanyazdani1@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: BDD question

Postby jhoward@roboticresearch.com » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:26 pm

I am really hoping someone answers this question since I have had similar questions myself.

The way I understand things now is that one way for a Block to become an 'instance' is to use it as a Part in an IBD. So, using your example, if you had and IBD for the entire school the classroom block could be used to create 'parts' representing each classroom, each with their own value properties.

I could be completely confused about this though.

Also... you may want to try posting this in the SysML forum? I am new here myself but have noticed that there seems to be a little more activity over there.
jhoward@roboticresearch.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)