Typing Connector with Association Block- How to Display Prop

Systems engineering related questions and discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Typing Connector with Association Block- How to Display Prop

Postby ricardo.reyes2@ngc.com » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:49 pm

(Screenshots of diagrams are below text)
The Power Block Definition Diagram sets up the pattern that I am using. While the second image, the Cable Internal Body Diagram, defines the pin to pin internal connection for the Cable Association block.

In the Go Kart Internal Body Diagram I have the engine and the battery each with one proxy port. Both proxy ports have the type "DC IF", in which DC IF is defined in the Power Block Definition Diagram. I then use a connector to connect both proxy ports and type it "Cable". By typing the connector "Cable" I believe the connection should inherit the attributes defined in the Cable Internal Body Diagram.

Since the proxy ports match on both sides, the connection should inherit the attributes, but how do I get the connections to populate on the diagram? I was hoping there was an alternative to manually creating the connection proxy port by proxy port.

Any information regarding this is more than welcomed, thank you.

(The electrical is not completely correct, this just an illustrative example)

Screenshot (51).png

Screenshot (52).png

Screenshot (53).png

Screenshot (54).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ricardo.reyes2@ngc.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Typing Connector with Association Block- How to Display Prop

Postby bcole » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:23 am

To clarify a little, what we are looking for is guidance on how to use Implied Relations or similar customization to show the relations between ports that should be implied through the application of an AssociationBlock type to a Connector. The AssociationBlock has connections defined on nested ports attached to participant properties.
bcole
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby ieva.n » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:02 am

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Our expert has checked your question. However, it is quite advanced topic and also requires to cover generic guidance and the response will take more time, as more investigation is required.

We apologize for the inconveniences.

Please note that if you have more urgent question, you can create a ticket in our official customer support system and change the urgency of the ticket thus indicating that the ticket is higher priority to you. In addition, the official customer support system allows you to see when the expert is assigned to the ticket; you can also keep the data private only to the people added to the ticket.

Sincerely,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:32
Full name: Ieva

Postby Nerijus Jankevicius » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:23 am

Bjorn, Ricardo,

Using AssociationBlock as connector type semantically means that you connect these nested ports as defined on Association IBD.
However this information is not derived into a graphical representation.
Cameo Simulation Toolkit instantiates such model correctly and all these ports will be correctly connected at runtime.

In our next version for 2021, we have a plan to work on improvements for "implied" or "derived" relationships and we will gladly consider to support your case too.

Nerijus
Nerijus Jankevicius
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:1

Postby bcole » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:40 am

Thanks Nerijus. I was hoping there was some feature of the Implied Relations engine that I didn't know about that could draw the lines (glad to see you are thinking of this for the future though).

Bjorn
bcole
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby ricardo.reyes2@ngc.com » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:29 pm

Thank you for the answer.
ricardo.reyes2@ngc.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)