Can Code Engineering Import/Write Function Content?

General discussions about code engineering

Moderator: Moderators

Can Code Engineering Import/Write Function Content?

Postby patrick.d.dees@boeing.com » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:48 pm

I am currently exploring the Code Engineering capability, and would like to capture the content of a software project to include function/method definition (code inside). So far from trial and error, reading the manual, and perusing this forum it would seem that is not possible. For context, I am trying to capture something akin to:
Code: Select all
Integer MyClass::myFunc( Integer myInput, Integer myOutput)
{
    return myInput*2;
}

Am I missing something? The interior line is always removed when I do a "reverse before generation", and setting the documentation of the Operation just adds comments to the generated code.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
patrick.d.dees@boeing.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:2

Re: Can Code Engineering Import/Write Function Content?

Postby kiana.s.jones-peoples@lmco.com » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:16 am

I am trying to figure out how to do the same thing. I used MagicDraw to auto generate models and sequence diagrams from existing Java source code. I was hoping to then autogenerate code (method implementation) from sequence diagrams. So far, we have only been able to generate empty methods. If you find anything out, let me know! :D
kiana.s.jones-peoples@lmco.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Postby oliveadams1999@gmail.com » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:53 am

Python's simple, easy-to-learn syntax can mislead Python developers Common Mistake #1: Misusing expressions as defaults for function In the above code, for example, one might expect that calling foo() repeatedly (i.e., ... import b >>> b.g() 1 # Printed a first time since module 'a' calls 'print f()' at the Get great content.
oliveadams1999@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Postby janejenkins19844@gmail.com » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:10 am

The code can be in the form of variables, functions, or class defined. Management · Reviews · Salesforce · SEO · Software Engineering · VBA With module functionality, you can break your code into different files instead of writing everything Now we will create a module and import it in another file.

navyarmyccu
janejenkins19844@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to Code engineering