Cameo Macro to Export Instance Table

General discussions about code engineering

Moderator: Moderators

Cameo Macro to Export Instance Table

Postby mda0013@uah.edu » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Currently I am using Cameo Enterprise Architecture Version 18.5. I am wanting to create a Macro to automatically export an instance table to an excel.xlsx document. I realize I could just click the Export button. However, I am trying to cut down the amount of time the user has to take to sort through the Team Server and just have an automated method of doing this. With that said I have a two part question:

1.) Does anyone know if there is a premade function/Command to activate the Export button.

2.) If the function isn't known, is there an easy method to record a macro in Cameo that records mouse clicks.

Of the Languages useable in my version I know Python. However, if someone has a script for a different language I can make that work as well. Mind you I already have the script formed for accessing the appropriate files and saving as a unique file name. The only thing I am lacking at this point is how to activate the Export button in the instance table.

Any assistance with respect to this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Michael

[I read through the main topics of the board and since this is dealing with coding for an engineering project this felt like the correct area to place this topic. However, if this is not the correct forum for this subject please feel free to message me and I will repost in the appropriate area.]

Edit: Note tracing the path to select Options -> Environment -> Keyboard -> Export(Instance Table) and assigning a key is doable at my work station. However, my system is not currently saving the assigned key. Also, once it works I would also need a macro that could auto assign this key command at any work terminal that attempted to use this macro. So I suppose my question is how to do that if any of you are familiar with how to do so. [Sendkeys is possible but it is a tempermental method that I would like to avoid if possible.]
mda0013@uah.edu
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Re: Cameo Macro to Export Instance Table

Postby Cameo123 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:37 am

I am currently working on the same problem. Do you have solution by now? I also just want to write a macro, that saves the instance table to an excel file.
Cameo123
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Postby jakobeadonis3324@gmail.com » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:54 pm

mda0013@uah.edu wrote:Currently I am using Cameo Enterprise Architecture Version 18.5. I am wanting to create a Macro to automatically export an instance table to an excel.xlsx document. I realize I could just click the Export button. However, I am trying to cut down the amount of time the user has to take to sort through the Team Server and just have an automated method of doing this. With that said I have a two part question:

1.) Does anyone know if there is a premade function/Command to activate the Export button.

2.) If the function isn't known, is there an easy method to record a macro in Cameo that records mouse clicks.

Of the Languages useable in my version I know Python. However, if someone has a script for a different language I can make that work as well. Mind you I already have the script formed for accessing the appropriate files and saving as a unique file name. The only thing I am lacking at this point is how to activate the Export button in the instance table.

Respectfully,

Michael

[I read through the main topics of the board and since this is dealing with coding for an engineering project this felt like the correct area to place this topic. However, if this is not the correct forum for this subject please feel free to message me and I will repost in the appropriate area.]

Edit: Note tracing the path to select Options -> Environment -> Keyboard -> Export(Instance Table) and assigning a key is doable at my work station. However, my system is not currently saving the assigned key. Also, once it works I would also need a macro that could auto assign this key command at any work terminal that attempted to use this macro. So I suppose my question is how to do that if any of you are familiar with how to do so. [Sendkeys is possible but it is a tempermental method that I would like to avoid if possible.]

Exporting Runtime Objects to InstanceSpecification 34 Cameo Simulation Toolkit is a MagicDraw plugin which provides a unique set of tools supporting the standard- Table 1 -- Current Supported Execution Engines the Body field (you can use any scripting language that is supported by MagicDraw's macro.
jakobeadonis3324@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby melodygeorge178@gmail.com » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:36 pm

Exporting Runtime Objects to InstanceSpecification 48 Cameo Simulation Toolkit is a MagicDraw plugin which provides a uniqmygiftcardsiteue set of tools supporting the standard- Table 1 -- The Current Supported Execution Engines the Body field (you can use any scripting language that is supported by MagicDraw's Macro.
melodygeorge178@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby simoneraineop@gmail.com » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:24 pm

jakobeadonis3324@gmail.com wrote:
mda0013@uah.edu wrote:Currently I am using Cameo Enterprise Architecture Version 18.5. I am wanting to create a Macro to automatically export an instance table to an excel.xlsx document. I realize I could just click the Export button. However, I am trying to cut down the amount of time the user has to take to sort through the Team Server and just have an automated method of doing this. With that said I have a two part question:

Respectfully,

Michael

Exporting Runtime Objects to InstanceSpecification 34 Cameo Simulation Toolkit is a MagicDraw plugin which provides a unique set of tools supporting the standard- Table 1 -- Current Supported Execution Engines the Body field (you can use any scripting language that is supported by MagicDraw's macro.

You can export the values of a runtime object through the Variables pane to:(i) a new InstanceSpecification(ii) an existing InstanceSpecification.(iii) the InstanceSpecification that created the runtime object. Once exported, the values of a run-time object will be set to the slots of the InstanceSpecification.What type of InstanceSpecification you want to export the values of a runtime object to, depends on what ele-ment you used to create the runtime object. If the element is a Classifier, you can export the values of the run-time object to either:• A new InstanceSpecification• An existing InstanceSpecification.If the element is an InstanceSpecification, you can export the values of the runtime object to either• A new InstanceSpecification• The same InstanceSpecification that you used create that runtime object
simoneraineop@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Code engineering