Passing external value properties to Patterns

General discussions about MagicDraw

Moderator: Moderators

Passing external value properties to Patterns

Postby peterjohn.gentles@ngc.com » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:04 pm

Hello,
I've been working on applying rollup patterns to my model - however all examples I have seen require that the value properties are defined inside the pattern block itself.
I would like to to find out a way to pass the values from the specialized blocks to the rollup pattern, such that when an instance of an aggregate system is created, i can see the pattern solutions solved for those default values.
I am constrained to having my value properties defined inside the blocks on which the patterns are being applied. Specifically, my project requires the following hierarchy:

[abstract block with base value properties, ex 'device' that has 'mass' value property]<-specialize--[block representing a common object type, ex 'cellphone']<-specialize--[a block describing a discrete object, with default values provided for the value properties, ex 'Nokia 3310' with 'mass=2']
A subsystem is defined generically, as an aggregation of of common object types.

My objective is to create instances of aggregate subsystems containing these discrete objects. I have tested rollup patterns on these subsystems and their resulting instances, however I cannot figure out how to pass the pre-defined values from the discrete objects to the constraints of the pattern block. Instead, the values defined in the patterns are wholly apart. Is there a solution to this that allows me to continue using values defined in the discrete blocks, as opposed to values defined in the patterns?

I am using Cameo EA v19, and have been using the pattern wizard. Thanks for your help.
peterjohn.gentles@ngc.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Passing external value properties to Patterns

Postby jonesfarah123@gmail.com » Sun May 30, 2021 9:02 pm

Hi.
I'm a newbie.
I want a reference to buy Cameo EA v19 . Can you share me some experience?
jonesfarah123@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to MagicDraw