Requirements Table: Excel import v/v Custom Columns

Diagramming issues

Moderator: Moderators

Requirements Table: Excel import v/v Custom Columns

Postby yshragai.firmware@gmail.com » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:22 pm

Hi,
I created a Requirements Table. Now I want to import requirements to it, using the Excel import facility in the Requirements Table (the little Excel icon in the table's menu strip).

My Excel file has columns for: ID, Description, Short Text, Comments, Rationale.
ID, Description, and Short Text in the file map nicely to ID, Text, and Name in the MagicDraw table.
For Comments and Rationale, I created custom columns in the table, and mapped the file columns to those table columns in the file selection dialog.
Then I did "Read the file".
The content for the standard columns (ID, Text, Name) were imported fine from (ID, Description, Short Text).
The content for Comments and Rationale was not imported.

Is there some trick involved for importing to custom columns?

Thanks!
yshragai.firmware@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Requirements Table: Excel import v/v Custom Columns

Postby yshragai.firmware@gmail.com » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:12 pm

Found the answer, after a lot of exploration and experimentation:
The columns in the Requirements Table have to match the properties of the requirement stereotype (Requirement or any of its derived stereotypes).
You find all the available property types, organized by stereotype, if you go to the full column selection dialog (from the Requirement Table menu strip, click the column icon, then don't just choose columns from the limited menu - but rather, choose "select columns" or something like that near the bottom).
Also, you can find the properties of the stereotype by going into the Specification of the stereotype, choosing "All" view, and looking for the member list.

I ended up creating a new stereotype - with a generalization relationship to extendedRequirement - in which I added the properties that I needed.
yshragai.firmware@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to Diagramming