Custom Distributed Property

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Custom Distributed Property

Postby justin.manlick@orbitalatk.com » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:17 pm

Is it possible to create a custom distributed property? Specifically, I would like to add a triangular distribution option (in addition to the current normal and uniform distributions). I have been unable to find where the equation is defined for the standard distributions, so I'm not sure what elements I need to create (I assume a parametric diagram or some opaque expression) and how to hook them up. Thanks.
justin.manlick@orbitalatk.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:3

Re: Custom Distributed Property

Postby tford@integrity-apps.com » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:02 pm

I also have a need to use many other random distributions besides Normal and Uniform. How can I add in others? Are Normal and Uniform the only ones included because these were mentioned specifically in the SysML specification? I am using Cameo Systems Modeler v19.0 with Cameo Simulation Toolkit. Thank you! Tom
Thomas Ford, PhD
tford@integrity-apps.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:3

Re: Custom Distributed Property

Postby white.mark@lanl.gov » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:24 pm

I'm bumping this old topic since it's still a very valid question. How do you define a new distributed property? I can create a new property which is generalized from the Distributed Property stereotype but seem to have no way to add the underlying math that would actually provide the calculations for the new statistical distribution. Can anyone help on this?
white.mark@lanl.gov
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to SysML