Project Merge

General discussions about MagicDraw

Moderator: Moderators

Project Merge

Postby cfaurer » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:55 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to use Project Merge with MD 17.0.5 and am able to get the expected result using three very simple models; ancestor, branch and ancestor+1. However, when attempting the same 3-way merge against a much larger set of models I don't get the Merge Results window to appear. The log shows project merge activity but the expected differences are never presented for review.

Attached are screen shots showing what's happening along with log output.

Thanks,
Cliff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--
Cliff C. Faurer
Principal
AMKB Cloud LLC
http://amkbcloud.com
cfaurer
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0
Full name: Cliff C Faurer

Re: Project Merge

Postby vidjur » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:01 am

Hello,

Thank you for issue report. Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you please send us projects for investigation? You may send us projects privately at http://knowledgebase.nomagic.com.

If you do not mind please register at www.nomagic.com and login to our support system. Alternatively send the issue report from your email (used in profile at www.nomagic.com) to support@nomagic.com, ticket will be registered automatically.

That would be the fastest way to identify the issue. We guarantee confidentiality.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,
Vidas Jurkevicius
vidjur
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:1

Postby cfaurer » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi Vidas,

The issue is related to using the RSXConverter as the resulting converted RSA model is what is not producing the expected project merge results. Is there a way to turn on debugging during the project merge to determine where the problem is with the converted RSA model?

Thanks,
Cliff
--
Cliff C. Faurer
Principal
AMKB Cloud LLC
http://amkbcloud.com
cfaurer
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Full name: Cliff C Faurer

Postby saulius_p » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:26 am

Dear Cliff,

Thank you for the issue report. Just would like to note that we are already communicating this issue through customer support. Once the suitable solution is found we will update also this post.
Best regards,
Saulius Pavalkis
saulius_p
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:17
Full name: Saulius Pavalkis

Postby nnalado377@gmail.com » Wed May 11, 2022 1:02 am

Thank you for those links. They were very helpful. I guess I need more clarification on how to create a BlackBox ICD Table?LOL Beans
nnalado377@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to MagicDraw