Decision Node with no pop ups

General discussions about MagicDraw

Moderator: Moderators

Decision Node with no pop ups

Postby beccared09@gmail.com » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:41 am

I want the decision node to refer to a value property to determine which flow it should take.
For example, I have a value property titled "Hatch Mode" which is set with enumeration to "Remote" or "Local"
Then two flows coming out with guards that say "Hatch Mode == "Remote" " or "Hatch Mode == "Local" "
I've been trying various methods, with no luck.It always provides me a pop up window asking.

Thanks in advance.
beccared09@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Decision Node with no pop ups

Postby saulius_p » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:20 am

Hello,

You can find syntax here and sample attached to this post.
https://docs.nomagic.com/display/CST190 ... eral+value

Enum.JPG

Kind regards,
Saulius
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards,
Saulius Pavalkis
saulius_p
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:16
Full name: Saulius Pavalkis

Postby beccared09@gmail.com » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:20 pm

So the real issue turned out to be with the use of swim lanes I needed to have no space in the value property and make sure the decision node was owned by the same block the activity was owned by.
beccared09@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby beccared09@gmail.com » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:23 pm

So the real issue turned out to be with the use of swim lanes I needed to have no space in the value property and make sure the decision node was owned by the same block the activity was owned by.
beccared09@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby curtiselaugh@gmail.com » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:08 pm

Hello, I am facing a similar problem. I am trying to run a state machine for a block, and I am trying to use a value property of that block as a guard. The value property type is enumeration. I am typing it as exact as I can: <property name>=="<enumeration value>". When I simulate the owning block, this property value is populated with the same value, but when I try to fire the trigger with the problematic guard, nothing happens - no errors or disrupted simulation.
curtiselaugh@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby dr___ » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:56 pm

saulius_p wrote:Hello,

You can find syntax here and sample attached to this post.
https://docs.nomagic.com/display/CST190 ... eral+value

Enum.JPG

Kind regards,
Saulius

The nomagic doc page you linked does not describe it clearly and is confusing. It also does not say what "Action Language" mode you need to be in for it to work (or if it matters). Using your screenshot in this post it made more sense and leaving it on "English" action language also worked.

As others have mentioned, if the reference name has spaces, it doesn't seem to work at all. I also had to use "this.*" (where * is a pin name) when I was not using a specific value property if that makes sense?

I have two questions:
1. Is there a language/naming rule page? Something that says not to use certain special characters, don't use spaces, use quotes, double quotes, any special reserved words, use this.*, etc?
2. Is there a way to evaluate/test guard syntax? The evaluate box doesn't seem to actually reference values or work when using this.* references.
dr___
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to MagicDraw