Requirements Table

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Requirements Table

Postby jason.bowman.3@us.af.mil » Mon May 18, 2015 1:22 pm

When creating a requirements table, is there a way to specify associated comments or rationales as columns to be displayed? I don't see them directly as a choice to display, but I have to admit the possibility that one or more of the obscure choices in the list somehow relates to comments and rationales and I just can't figure it out.
jason.bowman.3@us.af.mil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Requirements Table

Postby jason.bowman.3@us.af.mil » Wed May 20, 2015 1:33 pm

So I kind of figured it out. There is a column choice called "Owned Comment". This will display not only the owned comments but also the owned rationales. When I first tried this it was empty. The "trick" to getting something to show up is to make sure the comment or rationale is actually under the requirement in the model tree. If you just use the screen tools to create a comment or rationale box, it dumps the object at the model level that's currently in scope, which is usually the same level where the requirement is. You would think that creating an anchor to show the linkage, also using the screen tools, would establish this owned relationship but it doesn't. But I noticed something odd when I tried to fix this. If I create the owned comment from scratch in the model tree and then anchor it to show the relationship graphically, it turns from a comment to a "documentation" stereotype. If undo and then try to show related elements on the comment, there are no related elements to show. Apparently it is impossible to graphically show the linkage between the comment and the requirement and also have the requirement own the comment/rationale so that it appears in the requirements table diagram. So now I have to decide what's more important, to see the linkage in the table view or to see the linkage in the requirements diagram because apparently you can't have it both ways. I'll take that back slightly in that I don't experience this problem with rationales just comments.
jason.bowman.3@us.af.mil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Re: Requirements Table

Postby aaronramsdale » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:56 am

I have trouble when facing this issue and still don't know how to specify associated comments or rationales as columns to be displayed. fall guys wordle unlimited
aaronramsdale
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to SysML