Eclipse not working with MagicDraw

Discussions about Java virtual machine, installation, and running

Moderator: Moderators

Eclipse not working with MagicDraw

Postby reika.kitano@nasa.gov » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:34 am

I've followed the manual instructions for connecting Eclipse IDE to MagicDraw, but I get multiple errors when I try to run the sample plugin. One error that I get is "Error: Could not find or load main class Files\MagicDraw_19_0\bin.md.icns" Is there a way I can fix this?
reika.kitano@nasa.gov
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Eclipse not working with MagicDraw

Postby elviraperr70@gmail.com » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:50 am

Pleased to see your issue,MyGiftCardSite I have same issue.
I need load UML models exported from MagicDraw. i read these post, is a near problem, but i didn't understood the solution.
elviraperr70@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby william.jehle@gtri.gatech.edu » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:24 pm

I too have this problem and I'm glad to see that I am not the only one having issues.
william.jehle@gtri.gatech.edu
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:5

Postby william.jehle@gtri.gatech.edu » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:00 pm

reika.kitano@nasa.gov wrote:I've followed the manual instructions for connecting Eclipse IDE to MagicDraw, but I get multiple errors when I try to run the sample plugin. One error that I get is "Error: Could not find or load main class Files\MagicDraw_19_0\bin.md.icns" Is there a way I can fix this?

Did you ever find a solution to this? I've even tried to reinstall Eclipse and start with a clean slate. The error is the same - no bin.md.icns
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Postby william.jehle@gtri.gatech.edu » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:48 am

I found a solution or workaround to the problem. The problem seems to come from this argument to run the Java VM, located in the "MagicDraw with all plugins.launch" file:

<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.VM_ARGUMENTS" value="-XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions&#10;-Xdock:name=MagicDraw -Xdock:icon=${workspace_loc:/MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY/bin}/md.icns&#10;-Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true&#10;-Xmx2000M&#10;-Xss1024K&#10;-XX:PermSize=60M&#10;-XX:MaxPermSize=200M&#10;-Dosgi.framework.extensions=reference:${file_uri:${workspace_loc:/MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY/lib/bundles}}/com.nomagic.magicdraw.osgi.fragment&#13;&#10;-Dosgi.bundlefile.limit=500&#10;-DLOCALCONFIG=true&#10;-Dmd.class.path=&quot;${project_classpath:MagicDraw with all plugins}&quot;&#10;-Dcom.nomagic.osgi.config.dir=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/configuration&quot;&#10;-Desi.system.config=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/data/application.conf&quot;&#10;-Dlogback.configurationFile=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/data/logback.xml&quot;&#10;-Dinstall.root=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}&quot;&#10;-Dmd.plugins.dir=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/plugins;${workspace_loc}&quot;"/>

Removing " -Xdock::icon=${workspace_loc:/MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY/bin}/md.icns" appears to allow the whole Goldbergian apparatus to run.

<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.VM_ARGUMENTS" value="-XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions&#10;-Xdock:name=MagicDraw&#10;-Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true&#10;-Xmx2000M&#10;-Xss1024K&#10;-XX:PermSize=60M&#10;-XX:MaxPermSize=200M&#10;-Dosgi.framework.extensions=reference:${file_uri:${workspace_loc:/MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY/lib/bundles}}/com.nomagic.magicdraw.osgi.fragment&#13;&#10;-Dosgi.bundlefile.limit=500&#10;-DLOCALCONFIG=true&#10;-Dmd.class.path=&quot;${project_classpath:MagicDraw with all plugins}&quot;&#10;-Dcom.nomagic.osgi.config.dir=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/configuration&quot;&#10;-Desi.system.config=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/data/application.conf&quot;&#10;-Dlogback.configurationFile=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/data/logback.xml&quot;&#10;-Dinstall.root=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}&quot;&#10;-Dmd.plugins.dir=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/plugins;${workspace_loc}&quot;"/>
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Postby Painololo@protonmail.com » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:24 pm

william.jehle@gtri.gatech.edu wrote:I found a solution or workaround to the problem. The problem seems to come from this argument to run the Java VM, located in the "MagicDraw with all plugins.launch" file:

<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.VM_ARGUMENTS" value="-XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions&#10;-Xdock:name=MagicDraw -Xdock:icon=${workspace_loc:/MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY/bin}/md.icns&#10;-Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true&#10;-Xmx2000M&#10;-Xss1024K&#10;-XX:PermSize=60M&#10;-XX:MaxPermSize=200M&#10;-Dosgi.framework.extensions=reference:${file_uri:${workspace_loc:/MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY/lib/bundles}}/com.nomagic.magicdraw.osgi.fragment&#13;&#10;-Dosgi.bundlefile.limit=500&#10;-DLOCALCONFIG=true&#10;-Dmd.class.path=&quot;${project_classpath:MagicDraw with all plugins}&quot;&#10;-Dcom.nomagic.osgi.config.dir=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/configuration&quot;&#10;-Desi.system.config=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/data/application.conf&quot;&#10;-Dlogback.configurationFile=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/data/logback.xml&quot;&#10;-Dinstall.root=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}&quot;&#10;-Dmd.plugins.dir=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/plugins;${workspace_loc}&quot;"/>
How do I watch the storis while remaining incognito? more details here - https://celltrackingapps.com/instagram-viewer/
Removing " -Xdock::icon=${workspace_loc:/MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY/bin}/md.icns" appears to allow the whole Goldbergian apparatus to run.

<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.VM_ARGUMENTS" value="-XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions&#10;-Xdock:name=MagicDraw&#10;-Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true&#10;-Xmx2000M&#10;-Xss1024K&#10;-XX:PermSize=60M&#10;-XX:MaxPermSize=200M&#10;-Dosgi.framework.extensions=reference:${file_uri:${workspace_loc:/MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY/lib/bundles}}/com.nomagic.magicdraw.osgi.fragment&#13;&#10;-Dosgi.bundlefile.limit=500&#10;-DLOCALCONFIG=true&#10;-Dmd.class.path=&quot;${project_classpath:MagicDraw with all plugins}&quot;&#10;-Dcom.nomagic.osgi.config.dir=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/configuration&quot;&#10;-Desi.system.config=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/data/application.conf&quot;&#10;-Dlogback.configurationFile=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/data/logback.xml&quot;&#10;-Dinstall.root=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}&quot;&#10;-Dmd.plugins.dir=&quot;${resource_loc:MagicDraw/MAGIC_DRAW_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}/plugins;${workspace_loc}&quot;"/>

Thank you so much, it helped me solve my problem!
Painololo@protonmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Installing and running