MagicDraw losing text?

General discussions about MagicDraw

Moderator: Moderators

MagicDraw losing text?

Postby mhalliday@mdacorporation.com » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:19 pm

We are seeing an intermittent, elusive problem where changes to text we enter into the Documentation attribute of an element seem to get lost. It seems to be independent of whether the text changes are done via the Documentation pane or in the element's popup specification dialogue box. By "lost" I mean that later on (could be within the same editting session such that the user has not even initiated a commit to the Teamwork Server yet, or it could be later after we have done a commit) we see the content of the documentation attribute and say "Hey! I know I changed that text! What happened to those changes? The text looks unchanged!". For the first few times we had this experience, we attributed it to "finger problems". However, it has happened now to so many different people on the team (team is 10+) that we're sure it's not finger problems. Every once in a while (rarely) text changes we *swear* we did simply don't seem to stick. Some effort has gone into trying to recreate the problem while paying close attention but without success. I realize this is not much to go on so rather than entering this as a full-fledged bug report or support issue I'm initially posting this on the forum to see if anyone else in the user community has had similar experiences. Of note, we have been using MagicDraw 16.5 with the SysML plugin.
mhalliday@mdacorporation.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: MagicDraw losing text?

Postby kosmac » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:13 am

Hello,

We have faced such unexpected behavior for first time. Other users do not wrote about information lost in documentation property too.
Providing more details will help us address issues in a timelier manner and speed up responses. The additional information we need include:

* Your OS name and version. The JDK version. This information can be found in Help (main menu)->About MagicDraw->Environment Tab. Please send us screen shots of this dialog.
* What type of elements you are using in your project?
* Maybe issue is reproducible with special elements?
* Do you use HTML mode in Documentation property?
* If issue is reproducible with example project, please send this project to us with steps hot to reproduce it.

Please accept our apology for not providing an answer right away.
---
Best regards,
Kostas Mackevicius
---
Best regards,
Kostas Mackevicius
kosmac
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Full name: Kostas Mackevicius

Re: MagicDraw losing text?

Postby gardnerpreston8689142@gmail.com » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:16 am

kosmac wrote:Hello,

We have faced such unexpected behavior for first time. Other users do not wrote about information lost in documentation property too.
Providing more details will help us address issues in a timelier manner and speed up responses. The additional information we need include:
bob the robber
* Your OS name and version. The JDK version. This information can be found in Help (main menu)->About MagicDraw->Environment Tab. Please send us screen shots of this dialog.
* What type of elements you are using in your project?
* Maybe issue is reproducible with special elements?
* Do you use HTML mode in Documentation property?
* If issue is reproducible with example project, please send this project to us with steps hot to reproduce it.

Please accept our apology for not providing an answer right away.
---
Best regards,
Kostas Mackevicius

That is so great. I found my query.
gardnerpreston8689142@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to MagicDraw