Diagramtype ER Diagram is not registered

Discussions about database modeling product Cameo Data Modeler functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Diagramtype ER Diagram is not registered

Postby Peter.Thanisch@cs.uta.fi » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:22 am

Hi
When I try to open the MagicDraw sample project for Cameo Data Modeler, I get an error message for eahc of the four diagrams in the sample. For example:

"Diagram type ER Diagram is not registered. Diagram Key Modeling will be loaded as Class Diagram."

The diagram loads, but in appearance, it is kust like a UML class diagram, whereas in diagrams in the documentation associated with Cameo Data Modeler, it is apparent that thediagram should like like an ordinary Entity-Relationship diagram.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
(The Cameo Data Modeler plugin is active, incidentally.)

Regards
Peter
Peter.Thanisch@cs.uta.fi
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Diagramtype ER Diagram is not registered

Postby kosmac » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:13 am

Dear Peter,

If you getting such error message, it means that Cameo Data Modeler plug-in is not started correctly. It means that plugin is installed into your MagicDraw application, but not started for unknown reasons. In such case all sample diagrams will be loaded as "Class diagrams".

Unfortunately we are not able to say why plug-in was not started due to insufficient information about the problem. Providing more details will help us address issues in a timelier manner and speed up responses. The additional information we need include:

* "Environments Options" dialog screen shot; Please go to Options (main menu)->Environment. Select Plug-ins section. In displayed plug-ins list please find Cameo Data Modeler and select it. Make screen-shot of this dialog and attach it to his issue;

* MagicDraw UML version number and name of the edition. This information can be found in Help (main menu) -> About MagicDraw ->Licensing Tab. Please attach us screen shot of this dialog also;

* md.log file. This file can be found by following path: <User_home_dir>/.magicdraw/<Magicdraw_version>/md.log.

This information would be useful for deeper investigation. We will provide you a workaround as soon as addition information will be received.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
---
Best regards,
Kostas Mackevicius
kosmac
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Full name: Kostas Mackevicius

Re: Diagramtype ER Diagram is not registered

Postby Peter.Thanisch@cs.uta.fi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:33 am

Hi

Problem solved! I restarted MagicDraw and the samples loaded OK.
(I thought I had re-started Magicdraw already, but maybe I was wrong.)

Thanks anyway.

Regards,
Peter
Peter.Thanisch@cs.uta.fi
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Cameo Data Modeler