Dialog window with choice between Enterprise and Standart ed

General discussions about code engineering

Moderator: Moderators

Dialog window with choice between Enterprise and Standart ed

Postby ruslan.sultanov@erpca.kz » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:49 am

Sorry for my poor English. My native is Russian.
When i am trying to launch Java code generation tool, I get message that I need to Enterprise edition. Earler when I launched MagicDraw I saw dialog window with choice between Enterprise and Standart edition (attached). Now I don't see this dialog window. May I return it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ruslan.sultanov@erpca.kz
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Dialog window with choice between Enterprise and Standart ed

Postby indcep » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:24 am

Hello,

Please go in the main menu Options -> Environment, select "Floating" branch and uncheck the "AutoLogin to floating license server" option. The dialog will appear on next application start-up.
When this option is selected, MagicDraw always is started in edition, chosen on the previous application startup. When this option is cleared, the dialog with possibility to select required edition, appears on every MagicDraw startup.

Best regards,
Indre Cepurniene
indcep
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby ruslan.sultanov@erpca.kz » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:32 am

Indre, thank you for fast response.
I search this option and it's set as "false". What else?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ruslan.sultanov@erpca.kz
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby indcep » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:57 am

Hi again,

Could it be possible, that you have started Floating license in Offline Mode( Avtonomno). When this connection mode is used, the server is not required for default (24 h) period. Please go to the Help main menu and check, if the command "Finish Offline License Session" is active. If yes- click it:the MagicDraw will be closed and session will be finished. Then restarting application you will see the required dialog for new license selection.

Hope this helps you.
Best regards,
Indre Cepurniene
indcep
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby ruslan.sultanov@erpca.kz » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Good morning.

When I work with Standard edition I see in menu Tools -> Generate code –> … (see attach).
But when I start to work with Enterprise edition I don’t see “Generation Code” tab. Why?
ruslan.sultanov@erpca.kz
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby rambir » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:08 am

Dear Ruslan,

What you see in the Standard edition, it's just up-selling information (you may click for e.g on C++ and ensure), because Code Generation is not available in the Standard edition. Code Generation is available in Professional, Architect and Enterprise editions.

More information about Code Generation including usage details you can find at MagicDraw Code&DatabaseEngineering UserGuide.pdf manual > Generating Code section. This manual can be found in the "<MagicDraw install root>/manual" directory.

If you have any other questions or encounter any more problems, feel free to contact us for further assistance.
Best regards,
Ramune Birgeriene
rambir
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:3

Postby ruslan.sultanov@erpca.kz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:01 am

Thanks.
ruslan.sultanov@erpca.kz
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie