reversal and generation errors

General discussions about code engineering

Moderator: Moderators

reversal and generation errors

Postby dpbarre » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi,

I am using the code reversal function to import a large number of C++ classes.

For the vast majority, it works great. However, there is a fairly large number of files which fail to reverse with a mysterious error:

Parsing failed (...file path...) null

I have a similar problem with code generation after reversal. It works for the majority of files, but for a few, I get a mysterious error:

Generation failed:java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 5

This appears to be a problem with magicdraw, rather than the code.

On a similar topic of code reversal, it looks like Magicdraw does not read macro definitions from the code, and instead requires manually adding them to the "explicit macros" text box in C++ options. Is there a way to avoid this? Checking the "parse includes" option does not seem to help.

Thanks,

Dan
dpbarre
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: reversal and generation errors

Postby bhoomchai » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:58 am

Dear Dan,

From what you explain, it seem to be a problem in MagicDraw. It would be very helpful for improving our product if you could report the problem with more description or with a sample that causes the problem to our support system. This way, our team will be able to investigate the problem and may be able to give you some workaround while we're fixing the problem.
https://www.magicdraw.com/support/my-issues

For macros, if their definition are exist in the source files and you check the "parse includes" option, MagicDraw should be able to parse them. You may also have to use the option "use include path" if your library locate in various folders.

Best regards,
No Magic Customer Support
bhoomchai
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:5

Return to Code engineering