MagicDraw Integration with Maven?

General discussions about code engineering

Moderator: Moderators

MagicDraw Integration with Maven?

Postby stephanbauer77 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:20 am

Hi,

assume you are developer of project A and this project requires projects B and C, because they are some kind of base projects. But in your workspace, you do not checkout the sources of B and C. Instead you declare the dependencies, e.g. via maven pom.

Thus, each time I change the pom file and update the B-dependency to a new version, I get the new jar file (including new version number in the filename) in my "referenced libraries path".

Of course I have also setup a code-roundtrip in Magicdraw for project A. The dependencies to B and C are configured via "Options => Projects => Java Language Options => Use Classpath" and added the B and C jar files there. Each time, a new version of B or C appears, I have to touch also this config in MD.

This might still be ok in small projects, but if you have many dependencies, this simply is not practical. Thus the question: Is there a more convenient way to keep the dependencies up-to-date? I would think for example of an integration with the maven pom.

Many thanks in advance,
Stephan
stephanbauer77
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: MagicDraw Integration with Maven?

Postby egiva » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Hello Stephan,

Unfortunately, but MagicDraw doesn't have integration with Maven pom files and at current time we cannot suggest any better solution. Perhaps it would help to have feature letting to add directory of jars in MagicDraw classpath. I will add your remark to our suggestion list and we will consider for future releases.
Best Regards,
Egidijus Vaisnora
egiva
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:0

Postby nnorwood@mitre.org » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:06 am

Is it still the case that MD does not work with Maven? I have several dependencies for a plugin that I am developing and would like to use Maven to manage them. Everything builds successfully, however referenced class cannot be found at runtime. (NoClassDefFoundError).

Any suggestions or are there other build managers, like Gradle, that will work.

Thanks,
Nathan
nnorwood@mitre.org
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:4

Postby rjhudson@mitre.org » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:26 am

Gradle works quite well for this because its much easier to add non-standard dependencies. This repo contains a great example of how to use gradle and Jenkins for plugin development.

https://github.com/IncQueryLabs/MD_plugin_skeleton
rjhudson@mitre.org
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:3

Return to Code engineering