CameoMDA error: does not support Regions

General discussions about code engineering

Moderator: Moderators

CameoMDA error: does not support Regions

Postby darshana » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:18 am

Hi,

I get the following error when I try to use code generation with CameoMDA on a simple state machine:
"Code generation does not support Regions (not under Orthogonal state) that has no initial state and incoming transition pointing to the state inside that Region. [org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.RegionImpl@cd4544 (namr: , visibility: public) (isLeaf: false)] "

I am trying to use a state machine with just 2 states : initial, state, and Final State. All my states are named. I am working on this as a part of a huge project. Is there any way I can know where exactly is the problem it is referring to? May be it is not in the state machine that I am working it. I have not put in any orthogonal state in my diagram.

Thanks,
Darshana
darshana
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0
Full name: Darshana Garach

Re: CameoMDA error: does not support Regions

Postby supatp » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:07 am

Dear Darshana,

The problem is like the error message said, the Initial State is needed, and each State need to contain the incoming Transaction Point. Could you review your model or maybe you could create and send us some sample model that we can do the further investigate.

Best Regards,

Supat P.
supatp
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:11

Postby darshana » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:09 pm

I found the solution!

I had a couple of empty state diagrams in my project (the project had 3 statemachine diagrams. Only one was populated at that time). Although code generation for them was turned off, I got the above mentioned error. I tried putting some dummy states into both of these diagrams and that solved the issue.

It is a little strange though that CameoMDA should give out such errors for this condition. I didn't even have orthogonal states in my diagrams.
darshana
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0
Full name: Darshana Garach

Postby supatp » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:58 am

Dear Darshana,

We will pass this information to Cameo MDA team. Thank you for your valuable investigation.

Best Regards,

Supat P.
supatp
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:11

Return to Code engineering