Ability to "Step" the C++ parser

General discussions about code engineering

Moderator: Moderators

Ability to "Step" the C++ parser

Postby troy.kelly@itt.com » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:13 pm

I am encountering a "Parser error: <filename>: expecting RCURLY, found 'null'" error while attempting to reverse a C++ header file. I have omitted the <filename> purposely, but it, and the offending line (which is the last line in the file) are reported as expected.

I have stepped through the file using another editor and have been able to successfully match the curly braces up with each other. I have also attempted to add right curly braces at the end of the file, but cannot get rid of this error. Is there a way to step the parsing like a debugger? If not, is there an intermediate file that I can look at that will help determine where the parser is having issues?

Troy
troy.kelly@itt.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Ability to "Step" the C++ parser

Postby troy.kelly@itt.com » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:27 am

I was able to get around this parser problem by inserting the following line before the right curly brace at the end of the namespace declaration:
/**/
I don't know why this works, but it is a workaround.

FYI,
Troy
troy.kelly@itt.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Ability to "Step" the C++ parser

Postby bhoomchai » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:02 am

Dear Troy,

There are files with extension .tmp created in your source file directory after doing reverse. The content in these files are from pre-processing like macro expansion. Hope this will help.

Best regards,
No Magic Customer Support
bhoomchai
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:5

Return to Code engineering