Slots for derived properties are not filled

Moderator: Moderators

Slots for derived properties are not filled

Postby axel.scheithauer@oose.de » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:38 am

Hi,

I tried to calculate the weight of an assembly with the help of a parametric diagram and the simulation toolkit (see attached model). For this purpose I created a derived union of physical_part and defined all physical parts of my assembly as subsets of physical_parts. My expectation was, that the simulation would then sum up the weight of physical_part. However this didn't happen. The slot for physical_part remained empty. I had to fill it manually, which is redundant and can lead to inconsistencies. Is there a way to do this? Should the simulation engine handle derived unions? Or is this something, that should be implemented by the instance specification?

best regards

Axel Scheithauer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
axel.scheithauer@oose.de
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Re: Slots for derived properties are not filled

Postby axel.scheithauer@oose.de » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:59 pm

Either No Magic is incredibly fast in incorporating user feedback, or they had already planned to add it. Whatsoever, to my surprise, in Cameo Simulation Engine 17.0.5 SP1 this feature is working (as described in the release notes). Thank you for a great job.

Axel Scheithauer
oose Innovative Informatik GmbH
axel.scheithauer@oose.de
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Return to Cameo Simulation Toolkits