Element ID numbers

Business process modeling related questions, BPMN 1, and 2 standards.

Moderator: Moderators

Element ID numbers

Postby carolyn.smith@quantitech.com » Mon May 19, 2014 3:29 pm

I created a BPMN 2.0 model using another product (one that I can perform validation with) then used yet another tool to convert the original model to XPDL. Finally, I imported the XPDL model to Magic Draw (the platform mandated for use by my customer). I've performed the same create, convert, import routine numerous times in the past 6 months with no difficulties. Today, however, I have not been able to display element ID numbers. [I'm trying to relocate some elements from a decomposed layout across several tabs to a single integrated flow, so that's easiest to achieve by relocating specific elements within the Containment Tree. Difficulty is there's no hierarchy or numbering displayed in the Containment Tree nor on the drawing pages either.) Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to re-draw anything . . .
carolyn.smith@quantitech.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Element ID numbers

Postby vilgav » Wed May 21, 2014 4:29 am

Hello,

Thank you for the question. We suspect, that maybe some project numbering options are not set as true.

Could you please open the project and then go to Options -> Project -> General project options and make sure, that numbering option "Display Element Number" and "Use Element Auto-numbering" are set to TRUE.

Could you please also write what version of MagicDraw were you using when this routine was successful? And what version of application are you using this time?

Please let us know about your progress. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
vilgav
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:2
Full name: Vilma Gavutyte

Return to Business Process Modeling (BPMN)