Simulation and Python

Moderator: Moderators

Simulation and Python

Postby esa.heikkinen@tut.fi » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Hello

How can i use Python-language (or Jython) in Opaque Action -element in Activity diagram ?
I have tried (by simple print-command) but, but it seems not to work (no print-text in Console).
Language is selected "Jython"

Do i need to install Jython or is it already in Simulation Toolkit ?

If Jython or Python is in(side) Simulation Toolkit, which version is it ?

Is Javascript default-language ?
esa.heikkinen@tut.fi
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Simulation and Python

Postby chanon_s » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:19 am

Dear customer

First of all, could you please check if Python language is available in your machine? To do this, please select main menu Options > Environment > Simulation, as displayed below:

EnvironmentOptions.png

The default language option means that if you don't specify a language for an opaque action, the selected language of this option will be used as default. In addition, you can separately specify different languages for each opaque action in the Language property.

The image below demonstrates the result of an opaque action with Python language.

OpaqueAction.png

However, the drop down list in the Simulation Console will be used to change the language for the commands, typed in the console. Changing the language of this drop down list will not affect the language in the Environment Options.

You can change the language in the console to Python and type in some Python expressions to see the result, as shown below:

SimulationConsole.png

Best regards

Chanon S.
No Magic Customer Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chanon_s
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:7

Return to Cameo Simulation Toolkits