Usage of object flows as an input for decision

Moderator: Moderators

Usage of object flows as an input for decision

Postby gabor.munkacsi@conformiq.com » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:36 am

Hello,

I would like to create simple models, where a decision has an incoming object flow, and outgoing edges has guards. Every time the simulation terminates in the decisions without any error messages.

In another topic, in the answer I found:
"- If the incoming edge of the decision node is an object flow and if you use the decision node without the decision input, Cameo Simulation Toolkit will evaluate the guard condition on each outgoing edge (control flow) and it will go to the edge that the result of evaluation is equal to the token flowing through the incoming edge."

In the attached model we receive a signal with a boolean property. With a help of a breakpoint I see the value on the incoming object flow to the decision is "true". But after, the exectution terminates.

Is there any mistakes in my model, what I can't see?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gabor.munkacsi@conformiq.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Usage of object flows as an input for decision

Postby gabor.munkacsi@conformiq.com » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:29 am

I've got response from support team, and they've stated two things:
- By default the language of the guards is "binary" and MagicDraw 18.0 can't handle "true" and "false" values in this case. So the language needs to be changed to e.g.: JavaScript. From 18.1 it should work with binary language also.

- By default the guard expression will be evaluated, and the incoming object flow doesn't have any effect in decision.
"Environment Options --> Simulation --> fUML Engine --> use fUML Decision semantics" needs to be true to get the expected behavior where the value of the guard will be compared with the value in object flow.
gabor.munkacsi@conformiq.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to Cameo Simulation Toolkits