Recording simulation results when input is instance table

Moderator: Moderators

Recording simulation results when input is instance table

Postby Stern » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:51 pm

Hello,

I am running a timeline simulation where I have an activity where actions have duration constraints defined by value properties. In order to run the same simulation under different conditions (i.e. duration constraints) I am using an instance table filled with instances which have different value property specifications. This then simulates each instance, the duration constraints changing each instance. However, when I specify in my SimulationConfig to record results, it only records the results of the last instance in the table (the last instance which was simulated).

When running a simulation that is composed of multiple instances, is it possible to record the results after each instance, as opposed to recording results at the very end of the simulation (ergo, only recording the results of the final instance)?

Thank you!
Stern
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Recording simulation results when input is instance table

Postby jirawat.l@nomagic.com » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:55 am

Hello,

In Cameo Simulation Toolkit version 18.4 or later, when you set the instance table as the "Execution Target" and don't set the "Result Location" in SimulationConfig, the result should be saved to own instances.

Best Regards,
No Magic Customer Support
jirawat.l@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:5

Postby Stern » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:33 am

jirawat.l@nomagic.com wrote:Hello,

In Cameo Simulation Toolkit version 18.4 or later, when you set the instance table as the "Execution Target" and don't set the "Result Location" in SimulationConfig, the result should be saved to own instances.

Best Regards,

Thank you for the response Jirawat!

I have tried your suggestions and am not getting the results you suggested. I have created a small example to illustrate, and attached it to this comment. In the model, running the simulation executes 2 instances which update a value property to show the total simulation time. My goal is to have an instance result generated for each instance, which contain the updated time value (totTime). That way, I can export the resulting instance table to easily utilize the results outside of MagicDraw.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stern
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Postby jirawat.l@nomagic.com » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:15 pm

Hello,

After checked your model
We found that the "system" block doesn't have the "totTime" value property, but it have "totalTime" value property.
If you want to save value to totalTime value property, please change the script in opaque action to "totalTime = simtime".
The value property will be sent automatically.
totalTime_line.png

Best Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jirawat.l@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:5

Return to Cameo Simulation Toolkits