Refresh display internal structure

General discussions about MagicDraw

Moderator: Moderators

Refresh display internal structure

Postby torokrj » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:49 am

I'm using either MD 18.4sp1 or 18.5.

Magicdraw lets you select a block and display its internal structure, which then lets you select an ibd to display. However, if the ibd is updated, the updates are not being made on the block displaying internal structure. I've tried a few different things to attempt to get the internal structure display to update, but the only thing that has worked is removing the internal structure display and then reapplying it. This is fairly tedious, and all other aspects of the block update as far as I know. Is there any automated way to do this other than creating a script that refreshes all blocks with an internal structure displayed?
torokrj
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:1

Re: Refresh display internal structure

Postby donatas.mazeika@nomagic.com » Tue May 02, 2017 8:45 am

Hello,

Currently, there is no out of the box functionality for updating block's structure. Also, for one block it's usually created several IBDs (e.g. electrical view, mechanical view), so, straightforward structure update may not be correct.

Kind regards,
No Magic Customer Support
donatas.mazeika@nomagic.com
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Posts Rating:15

Re: Refresh display internal structure

Postby stricks@mitre.org » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:55 pm

I would also really like this capability. I have several levels of nested diagrams and it often makes sense for me to be working at a particular level, but I need all the levels to update accordingly. Otherwise it will require me to do the same thing several times for every thing I change on any one diagram. Even though a particular block may have several different ibds, you still have to specify which one you want when using the "Display internal structure" function. There should be an option at that point to specify whether or not you want that ibd and the internal structure of the current symbol to remain connected and auto-update one another...
stricks@mitre.org
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to MagicDraw