Report Wizard Values

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Report Wizard Values

Postby keenwpatrick@gmail.com » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:41 am

Hello,

It is possible to set up the report wizard such that it shows the values used to satisfy a requirement? e.g. if a requirement specifies a length dimension needs to be 65 inches, is it possible to make an instance of the component with a value of 65 inches, draw the satisfy relationship, and have those values show up in the report table so that it is visibly clear that the instance has an acceptable value? Apologies if this is a beginner question and if there is a better way of setting the model up, I'm very open to other ideas. Thanks in advance!

Best,

Patrick
keenwpatrick@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Report Wizard Values

Postby sarawut_w » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Hello Patrick,

"is it possible to make an instance of the component with a value of 65 inches, draw the satisfy relationship"
If you would like to make a new Component Instance and Satisfy relationship on your project, we do not recommend or provide a way to manipulate model in a project when you generating the report.

By Magic Report, it is a tool for "getting values on your model and manipulate it before print out to the report document"
From your model, you could show the Requirement and its length dimension value. If you have the Component Instance and any other relationship, you could get it and show it on the report.

Best regards,
Sarawut W.
Support Engineer
sarawut_w
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:25

Re: Report Wizard Values

Postby keenwpatrick@gmail.com » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:11 am

That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for to put it in the report. Could you provide steps on the best way to achieve that? It would be nice to have the baseline requirement and extend that to a physical requirement, for the example of the length dimension. Would it be best to simply input text into the extended requirement that says "Length = 65 in." or set it up as a constraint? Lastly, when I made an instance of the component to satisfy the requirement, the value did not show in the report. To be more clear, I'm looking for a way to essentially output something like the following:

Ex.
3.2.1 Requirement Name
The length of the component shall be no greater than 65 inches.
Rationale: The component length must be below 65 inches in order to fit within the allotted space, etc, etc.
Satisfied by:
Component X: length = 65 inches.

Thank you very much!

Best,

Patrick
keenwpatrick@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to SysML