Resource Role not performing function on SV-1 IBD

Discussions about UPDM functionalities

Moderators: lintut, Moderators

Resource Role not performing function on SV-1 IBD

Postby c_mathur@yahoo.com » Sat May 26, 2018 4:37 pm

Using MD 18.5, SP3, UPDM 2

1. I created several Function objects.
2. I created a SV-1 IBD (Capability Configuration) diagram with ResourceRoles and then proceeded to add ResourceInteractions between the roles.
2a. As part of this, I selected the conveyed item and the sending and receiving functions (from the Function object I had already created).

3. The specification for the resource role (correctly) shows that the resource role is capable of performing the functions I had selected for it in 2a.

When I look at the diagram, I'm getting the information bubble in the context menu for each resource role stating that the resource role is NOT performing a function. If I set the "Performs in Context" property, this informational item goes away and we are all happy.

My question is: why do we have to set "Performs in context" when I've already specified the function that the resource role is performing in step 2a above?

Thank you!

cm
c_mathur@yahoo.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Resource Role not performing function on SV-1 IBD

Postby astliu » Tue May 29, 2018 9:08 am

Hello, thank you for the question.

The resourceInteraction is created between ResourceRoles Types, not directly between the resourceRoles.
Is Capable to Perform Function property displays Functions, performed by the type of Resource Role (for example CapabilityConfiguration).
The Performs in Context is an abstraction relationship that relates a FunctionAction to a ResourceRole. It indicates that the action can be carried out by the role when used in a specific context or configuration.

Could you please give us more details:
* In which diagram you receive the information bubble with the message "the resource role is NOT performing a function"? Could you attache a screenshot or a sample project?
* How do you set the Performs n Context property value?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
No Magic Customer Support
astliu
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:1

Return to UPDM