Sequence Diagram From Activity Diagram

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Sequence Diagram From Activity Diagram

Postby Stern » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:54 am

Hello,

Is it possible to create a sequence diagram from an activity simulation? I am aware of generating a sequence diagram from a state machine, but have been in successful in doing so with an activity diagram.

Thank you!
Stern
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Sequence Diagram From Activity Diagram

Postby ieva.n » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:11 pm

Hello,

Yes, it is possible. Please check the documentation here https://docs.nomagic.com/display/CSTD18 ... ce+diagram .

Also, you can search for more information in this community forum, there were several threads already about this topic, for example, viewtopic.php?f=50&p=14334

Best regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:28
Full name: Ieva

Postby Stern » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:12 am

Thanks for the reply.

To be more specific, I was looking for a way to generate a sequence diagram from an activity diagram which showed the activities, rather than states. A post by Nerijus addresses this however: post13719.html#p13719 .

Although it breaks from UML standards, creating an option to record and view activity diagrams (by displaying behaviors) would be extremely useful. While timelines are helpful, they don't do as good a job at conveying the order of behaviors and how they relate. I am specifically looking for something which can record the simulation of an activity, to verify the logic and be able to share results (i.e. based on the simulation inputs, view which behaviors were invoked, and in what order, so that afterwards it can be reviewed to make sure the behaviors were modeled correctly).
Stern
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Postby chairat_p » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi, Stern

Thanks for your info. We'll plan for the feature you've requested and will keep update the product according to priority.

Best Regards,
Chairat
chairat_p
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:3

Return to SysML