Sharing custom diagrams between users

General discussions about MagicDraw

Moderator: Moderators

Sharing custom diagrams between users

Postby christopheryu95@g.ucla.edu » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi,

I am currently having trouble sharing a custom diagram between two different users.

I created a custom diagram type based off the 'class diagram' by using "Diagram" > "Customize" > Select class diagram > "Create". With this created diagram type, we defined customizations and derived properties in a separate profile diagram. After saving the project and sending it to a peer, they do not have the ability to invoke the custom diagram I created and the following error message shows up:

"The following resources are needed and were not found:
Custom diagram "My Custom Diagram"
We highly recommend to launch Resource/Plugin Manager and download the missing resources. Without these resources project will not be fully loaded."

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
-Chris
christopheryu95@g.ucla.edu
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Sharing custom diagrams between users

Postby irurak » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:03 am

Hello,

Please export diagram customization descriptor (main menu Diagrams -> Customize -> select custom descriptor and press button Export) and send to other users to import it. More about diagram's customization can be found at https://docs.nomagic.com/display/MD190/ ... +diagrams/. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
irurak
Customer Support
Customer Support

Re: Sharing custom diagrams between users

Postby christopheryu95@g.ucla.edu » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:04 am

irurak wrote:Hello,

Please export diagram customization descriptor (main menu Diagrams -> Customize -> select custom descriptor and press button Export) and send to other users to import it. More about diagram's customization can be found at https://docs.nomagic.com/display/MD190/ ... +diagrams/. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support

Thanks for the prompt response. I exported the diagram descriptor and my colleague was able to import the diagram descriptor into CAMEO; the new diagram descriptor appears in the menu under Diagrams -> Customize.

However, my colleague still does not have the ability to invoke the custom diagram in the containment tree by "Right clicking" -> "Create Diagram". Also, when we close and open the CAMEO .mdzip file, we still get the same error message regarding the "resources [not being] found".

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
-Chris
christopheryu95@g.ucla.edu
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to MagicDraw